Gator rsm130 tank thread

G8rplr92

Also picked up a 6 line wrasse yesterday for the holiday. The local FTS was running a 50% sale on anything living that had red and blue in it for Veterans day!
I'll snap a pic when he comes out of hiding, as he is still getting used to his new environment.

G8rplr92

Pics of the new 6 line wrasse
6linewrasse.jpg

Sleeper goby and 6 line
Sleeperand6line.jpg

Fish together
Fishes.jpg

Fishes1.jpg

crespeto

sweet, man I wanted to go to OE and see what they had but we were traveling this past weekend and I used up all the tank budget on the CUC upgrade and box-o-salt. The Wrasse looks great though, glad to hear that everyone is playing nice. I think my big zoa rock is watermellon zoas as well, I'll have to compare pics closer to make sure but good to know what they are finally, at least I hope. :)

G8rplr92

So i've been in denial for awhile now, and I did not do any research until tonight, but i've heard stories about the dreaded mantis shrimp. Well I got one in my tank clicking away and now im on the hunt big time. I think I know where he is hiding out b/c everyday there is a pile of debris that shows up on the rock, and I've even see a white puff come out of the rock every now and again.
So my problem is that it is in a big rock on the bottom of my rock scape and I have corals attached to the rock. Tonight I tried putting a piece of fresh big eye tuna in the tank to try and lure him out so I can atleast get a positive ID on him, but no go.
I read that maybe I could shoot soemthing in the rock to force him out like freshwater or something but the rock is too big I think with lots and lots of tunnels.
I read about the DIY traps but I dont see that working..... HELP!

G8rplr92

The guy at my LFS says that pistols typically burrow in the sand bed and it looks like my guy is burrowing in the rock. But I wont know for sure until I get a positive ID on him. I look every night with my flashlight atleast 10 diff times and I haven't seen him once in the few months i've had the tank.
Has anyone had any luck with one of those traps?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
From what I can remember we've had a couple RSM owners that have had hitchhiker pistols living in the rock. The type sold by LFS are gravel burrowers, but there may be other types. But, you're probably correct on the mantis.

G8rplr92

Thanks. I guess im gonna try a trap for the next few nights. The one where you cut a water bottle in half and flip the top upside down. I already know that my clowns are going to swim in there though.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I hope you get him. Hopefully the clowns will retire for the night and not get into the trap.

crespeto

Good luck with the trap, man, get some pics of it built and in the tank for us, I've gotta see this :), hopefully you can even get a pic of one with a mantis shrimp in it. :)

G8rplr92

So I did some rearranging of my rock scape, b/c I just can't help myself. I also added another small live rock that fit what I wanted. There are some more changes coming in the future as I want to add one more piece of lr when I find the right shape and size. But this is what I got for now. I also picked up a toadstool leather this week.
Toadstool.jpg

New home on the left side, below all the flow from the outputs.
toadstool1.jpg

Also fragged off alittle piece that was trying to split off
Toadstoolfrag.jpg

Finall a FTS of the new rock scape with the added rock on the top. There is lots of caves that are hard to tell in the picture.
fulltanknov.jpg