gareefermans reef

Max250

reggie, would you say your tank is pretty much on 'auto pilot'?.. How many days could you leave your tank before it would need attention?

reeferman

hey Max,yes i would say that.i still test every three days but my numbers are always the same.very stable 420 calc,9 KH,1350 mag.its been really mild weather here lately so we have had the windows open and ph has bumped up a point to 8.2 everyday.im sure it will go back to 8.1 when it gets colder though.i have gone as long as six days without touching the tank.with the chiller,i dont have to top off hardly at all.im sure i could go longer with no problems other than the effluent drip clogging up.i have to keep an eye on that daily.not clogged up daily but it will slow a bit.

Max250

cheers, what part cloggs up? Is it the tube itself or that little tap thing you fitted? What type of tubing do you use for the effluent (Is RO tubing ok)?

reeferman

Max,the little T fitting clogs a little,never stops but slows,i just open the valve a little and then readjust.i use the t fitting in case the bottom drip ever clogs,then it will still drip out the end hole.i pop it off and clean it every couple weeks.i cant let just the tubing drip because it will run back towards the back wall.its regular 1/4" tubing like you might use for an ice maker in your fridge.
Tom,no,i got beat to them.:cry1: i should probably just buy new for the prices used ones are anyway.

tnwillia

Sorry you missed them, it might be better, I don't see them for sale very ofter at all. Maybe when the MP-60s get out you might see a bunch of 40s go on sale. Not sure when that is suppose to happen. Good luck!

reeferman

hey Tom,if i put one on the right glass,will enough flow get to the left side acros?i think ill have to get rid of the big green cappy to get enough flow to the sandbed,its blocking a lot.im just trying to free up the left glass as thats where the sofa is and a very nice view.the right side is towards a wall and rarely seen only by me.

tnwillia

Hey Reggie, Oh yes, You can run 1 just fine, many others are doing just that. The catch with the second one and going "anti-sync" is getting the bi- directional flow and random patterns which IMHO are much closer to true ocean reef wave patterns for your livestock. You can start with one ES, there is always next year for the second if you want to go that way! Have fun!

Max250

The undertow along the sandbed is impressive with the mp40. I've upgraded my left stock pump to 3000lph, with the mp40 (on the right glass) on long pulse mode, makes some great effects. I doubt I'll need to fit my mp10 until I'm fully stocked.

Thanks for the info reggie. My reactor is now up and running, cheers.

reeferman

Hey Shon,thanks and alls going well.im gonna ship fedex or usps,whichever buyer prefers.
ive got a lot more frags cut now and i cut a few acro frags too.all are VERY generous size,some small colonies.ive got ORAs Pearlberry,Plum Crazy,Red Planet,Hawkins Blue Echinata,and my High Lighter.the Miami Hurricane chalice is growing another eye on it also[still same price].lots of zoas,Dragonflies,Whammin Watermelons,Green Bay Packers,Eagle Eyes,King Midas,Green Eggs,Purple Haze,African Blues and some Lord of the Ring palys.im also gonna frag that crazy colored Blastomussa in my 250.also,i was cutting a frag of Tyree Red Watermelon for Tammy[sorry if i spilled the beans Tammy!] and i got a very small extra frag.its doing well and ill let it grow a while but it will be up for sale too.pm me if interested.ill work out frag packs to help offset shipping costs.free shipping if you buy 150.00 or more.all frags are from 10.00-35.00.ill post pics as soon as i take them.ive been working a lot lately so lights are off when i leave in the a.m. and only actinics are on in the evening.

reeferman

hey Max,heres the left side with calcium reactor and wavemaker controller.the right side just has all my foods and supplies,nothing to look at really,just a big mess.
reef022.jpg

Max250

Cheers reggie. It's good that you've been able to keep your shelf. That looks like the course ARM you've got in there (or a mix). My reactor vibrates (fluidized) so I need to find a good anti-vibration mat.

Have you considered some LEDs for better night viewing or sunrise/sunset or lunar cycle etc?

reeferman

yes,ive thought about it several times.maybe after i get some vortechs,that would be my next project.my nightlights are very dim compared to the leds in my frag tank lighting.i had to drill some more holes higher up to keep the shelf,barely got it in there.

reeferman

Shon,ill cut you a head off it,ill be posting some more pics of frags soon.all special cut frags are ready to ship now,ill pm those who ordered.thanks again everyone who ordered something.:D

JimmyJ

Hey Reggie - just catching up on some threads, looks like you got a nice little business going on with all those coral sales, Congrats man!! :)