Survivors are:

torch coral
yellow tail damsel
false perc clown
royal gramma
blue spot gobie
chocolate chip star
brittle star

I have them in my little 20gal tank they seem to be fine but I know they want a bigger tank again.

20 gallon specs:

25-30 lbs of liverock
no sand
110w PC light
remora-c skimmer

I found a 300 gallon acrylic tank on craigslist! Man just think of the damage I could do with that. :goofy: I am about to contact Marineland and see if I can get something either a replacement or credit for a new one.

G!N+T0N!K

:drunk: I am having withdrawals from my beautiful tank.

My house isn't even fixed yet so I cannot get a tank till the new hardwood is installed. Now I am wondering if I should even try to start another tank since I feel like I wasted a ton of money/time/research on the last one. I just get mad/sad every time I walk in my house now.

Tank and stand was about $750
live cured fiji rock was about $500
and caribbean sand about $100

Ill need at least that amount to get going again fffffffff******K:closed:

My royal gramma is missing out of my 20g(wtf), I think I'll just sell it all on craigslist. :surrender:

nikkipigtails

You can find really great deals on craigslist. Start looking there. If you were closer, we've got a custom 115gal cube we're trying to get rid of.

G!N+T0N!K

nikki - thanks for the encouraging comments and offer, man that cube would be nice. Why is your thread closed? I hope all is well.

I knew this was a expensive hobby but I never planned for a disaster and to buy another tank. Might as well go bigger if I can still use my 4ft T5 light on it.

BigJay

there are always going to be set backs in reefing. Don't let it get you down.

If you do decide to sell though let me know. I'd be interested in the lights.

G!N+T0N!K

I came home yesterday and my new hardwood floors were installed :bouncer:
Now they just have to stain them. I'm excited to almost have my house back to normal and furniture to sit on. :goofy:

nikkipigtails

Furniture to sit on is always good.

I think you should definately consider another tank. I'd really hate for you to have one bad, ok really, really, bad experience and just stop.

Another eay to save a little is to use dry base rock and LR. The BR is going to be at least half the price of the LR. You can also use dry sand. It will all eventually become live anyway.

G!N+T0N!K

Ya I think I will get another tank. I bought the previous tank for myself as a xmas present. Maybe I'll save up again and buy one for xmas.:snow:

Whats so crazy is that everything went quickly once I got it up and cycling. I had so much pride in all my work. The tank was only 2months old and it was growing like it was a year old. I am afraid that next time it will take forever to cycle. :tumble: I just hope my survivors can handle the 20 gallon till next year.

Ratpack

You can save a lot of money by DIY. You should still have all the equipment, right? All you need is the tank and stand? Stands are really easy to build and you can survive with a frame stand and then skin it as time and money allows. Tanks aren't that bad either when you use standard sizes. My 75g that I have sitting here in my office cost me $98 including tax, brand new. Not drilled for an overflow, but I can drill it or have it drilled for about $25. What about the rock you had, it should be good, just not live anymore, right? If you have a 20g with live rock in it, then that will seed the old rock and it will be live in no time. I guess what I am saying is like Nikki said, don't give up.

Also, Nikki, you never said why your thread was closed. I was looking forward to seeing it fill up since a 180 is high on my list of future projects.

BigJay

since your in no hurry just watch craigslist like a hawk. I have seen at least a dozen tanks with equipment in perfect shape selling sometimes for 1/3 to 1/4 the cost of new. I know on mine I saved about $2000.00 and the tank was less then one year old and in perfect shape. There is a lot of crap on there though so you have to weed through it.

G!N+T0N!K

BigJay: I browse craigslist almost every day:smoking: I see tanks and stands all day but hardly see a type I want. I will not buy the long rectangle tanks, I just don't like the looks of them. I want a bow or surfline tank. :heart:

Ratpack: I will need a tank/stand and Caribbean sand.
I still have the rest of the salt, chemicals, equipment, sump, and rock(dried).
The only DIY thing to do is plumbing, which I think I have a 10' pvc pipe from the last plumbing to use. Just need fittings (oh the many trips to the hardware store are flashing in my head).

Floor will be stained and finished today. Now I have to wait 30days before I can put furniture on it.:smack: I might have to sleep out in the garage tonight because of the fumes :hammerhea

Ratpack

Looks good. Appears to have fresh water in it. Make sure you treat it to remove any copper based medications he may have used. Unless he can guarantee he never used any. Even then I think I would play it safe.

BigJay

exact same tank I have. I absolutely love it. Its only down side is its only 12" 's deep on the ends meaning some of the HQI/T5/PC combos are a little too wide for it most being 15" 's.

G!N+T0N!K

well I bought it! My 48" nova extreme pro 6x54w T5HO 10k/460nm fits nicely on top. :drunk:

The only down side is less sand bed area then my other tank and this tank is taller. I need a stool to reach the bottom.:look:

now saving up for sand lol.

new chronicle will be started yay! :dance:

227185227141_0_0.jpg

BigJay

yeah its hard to reach the bottom for sure. I am 6' 2" and have a 4" sand bed and I still have to stand on a chair and reach for all I have to get something off the sand.
Best of luck with the new tank!