Fuel Coral promoter?

lbiminiblue

Someone at my LFS (I found one that won't sell me the wrong type of fish...) recommended to me a product called Fuel. Apparently people are raving about it...Does anyone have this? I wanna find out more about what exactly it promotes since it doesn't have calcium or strontium. He said it's basically steroids for corals.

Ive used it. I can't give you a scientific answer but it didn't do anything noticeable to my tank except Fuel nuisance algae. After trying Fuel, Coral vite, Coral accel, and the most recent Marc weiss coral vital I've come to the conclusion that nothing make polyps extend and corals swell like stable water conditions and good ol fashioned water change.

brandon

Aqua vitro fuel is a supplement additive for in between water changes. It replaces trace elements. I've been using it for about 8 months. I've noticed a little color change in some corals,meaning a little brighter.

reeferman

Fuel is carbohydrates and amino acids.it doesnt replace any trace elements its coral food.if you feed your fish enough,you should be adding enough amino acids that way.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Fuel is carbohydrates and amino acids.it doesnt replace any trace elements its coral food.if you feed your fish enough,you should be adding enough amino acids that way.

Very well said! Some of the most amazing coral tanks around don't have any "fancy" foods etc.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
was that kinda a pointless buy then?

Hmmm that's hard to say. I'm not a big fan of these magic bullets in a bottle. A Well planned and well executed marketing campaign can make bottled water sound like "Dom Pérignon".

One thing to consider is that every tank is unique in it's own way and will react differently to different "things". I'm just not keep on buying anything to add extra nutrients to my system. That's just me but YMMV :)

lbiminiblue

Hmmm that's hard to say. I'm not a big fan of these magic bullets in a bottle. A Well planned and well executed marketing campaign can make bottled water sound like "Dom Pérignon".

One thing to consider is that every tank is unique in it's own way and will react differently to different "things". I'm just not keep on buying anything to add extra nutrients to my system. That's just me but YMMV :)
YMMV? idk i'll see how it works...i don't thnk it'll harm my tank..

redneckgearhead

I started to use it and shortly there after I had an HA explosion that I am still battling... I would not use it. Water changes are your friend, cheap easy and proven mileage!