Free Flame Angel (if I can catch him)

Msigler

I have a NON REEF SAFE Flame Angel free to a good home. He enjoys taking bites of corals and swimming up to the front of the glass to smirk at you while chewing. So far I am unsuccessful in capturing him. But it is fun to tell him I am going to drop his butt in a bowl of lemon juice, while chasing him around wth a net. Not really. Seriously though, I am going to have a brain aneurysm if I see him eating anymore sps. So if anyone is close to me and wants him let me know and you can have him. When I catch him of course.

PIMPALA

I am of the opinion that fish taking small nips at SPS, make the SPS grow faster. Its not only a defense mechanism, but much like a tree, when you prune the lower branches, it will grow taller, and thicker.

Msigler

Caught him. Had to tear the tank apart to do it while inventing new curse word combinations though. I like my new aquascape though. He was in the sump for a few days and then went to the LFS. LoL. I love how my LFS won't buy or give credit on fish because "they don't know what your water quality is like" but will gladly take him for free... I would have left him in the sump until someone wanted him buy he looked freaked out and the 24 hour lighting wasn't helping.

Reddog170

I am lucky enough that my LFS will at least give you store credit. Got a pic of the new scape? Shaun

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Good deal on catching the Flame, even if you had to give him away.

I am of the opinion that fish taking small nips at SPS, make the SPS grow faster. Its not only a defense mechanism, but much like a tree, when you prune the lower branches, it will grow taller, and thicker.

My Flame Angel did a whole lot more than just nip at SPS - he totally decimated my green and pink birdsnests, and my pocilloporas. I wanted the Flame (first one lost on a power outage) so I've switched to LPS & softies - my flame doesn't touch those. Once you strip the flesh off of an SPS it doesn't grow back - "pruning" doesn't work, unless you're fragging branches.

My first Flame never bothered anything, but not so with the second one. Every fish is different!

Msigler

c2e975db.jpg

8a3f3ceb.jpg

42a9cd52.jpg

The right side is bare because I am using the back side of the rock now... As the front. I got tired of movin it and this is where it stays. Had a bad algae problem for a while foam constantly stirring up the tank bit it is finally going away.

Msigler

Thanks Terry. I am trying to get that GSP to grow up the back wall. I think it will look good. Wish it grew as fast as this purple Xenia. The I have fragged it at least 10 times...

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Mike - if you can peel off some of the GSP mat, glue a piece(s) on the back wall - that would speed things up.