Free dropper - thank a staff member

jillihan

I am glad to have a chance to thank all of the RS staff and members for helping me get my first (and second) reef tanks going. I’m a lurker, and reticent by nature, but here goes …

I live nowhere near an LFS (which has its positives and negatives) and felt very much on my own when starting a reef tank. Other than a couple of books, I had no reliable resources to consult before stumbling across the RS site. While my tank is not perfect, it seems to hum along rather well with very few issues. I feel that the learning curve has been made significantly less steep with the help of RS staff and members. From chemistry lessons, to how to plumb a sump, to Al’s “what ifs?” there is never a shortage of knowledge/opinions/historical perspectives to rely on.

I think that one of the most helpful discussion topics on RS revolves around the imperative that one must research new tank additions before purchase. I have made at least one questionable purchase; I don’t blame the LFS for my lack of knowledge- or theirs, rather I remember it as an important learning lesson that is consistently being stressed here on RS. I tend to think of it as a balance between supporting a local business and taking responsibility for I choose to purchase and just one of the lessons I have learned here on RS
So…Thanks

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
.....I tend to think of it as a balance between supporting a local business and taking responsibility for I choose to purchase and just one of the lessons I have learned here on RS
So…Thanks

Very well said! KUDOS to you :D

Edison

The staff and members here are awesome and I truly appreciate everyone here.
I already own a dropper though so no need to enter me.

Oh, and Jay, you craft a great feeder!!

keithrett

RS is a great online resource, full of knowledgeable staff and members willing to help everyone out. It is a wonderful opportunity to be able to thank the staff members that have helped me with a handful of tasks. No matter what the question is about I have always received a helpful and informational answer. This is why I have made RS the only place I bring my reef questions. Once again thank you RS staff members for all of your help.

Keith

kospaintball

I would like to thank everyone as a whole because without all of you there would probably be few succesful. However i want to thank BigAl individually. He has been supportive and never turned away knowledge that would hold anyone back from being succesful. I have never seen him go "over the edge" even when the person on the other end may not like what he has to say. On this forum... It would be hard to count the number of people he has aided but you could probably count on a single hand the number of people he hasn't had the chance to yet. Secondly i would like to thank Eric. He set me up with an uber deal that really allowed me to come back into this hobby with my head held high and an ambition that i have had about few things before. Without his generosity i would still be trying to decide if i should let this dream go or keep saving so that one day i may have the reef that we all strive for.

Thanks everyone
-- Ben--

zigginit

thanks to all the staff, i love being able to ask anything and have a lot of good answers in no time. its kinda scary how fast people reply sometimes :) and without them i would have learned a lot the hard way!

In all honesty the staff here is great. I have been on other sites were the out right disrepect you and use there power to kick you off there sites if you dare say somethig about it. I focuss my energy here and I will do what a can to get RS out there even more.

Thank you to ALL the RS staff for setting up such an awesome website. I love the fact that people new in to the hobby can come here and get information that will help them create and maintain a healthy reef environment.

I have used RS for many questions, concerns and even to sell some things of my own. I will recommend everyone to use RS and I hope that the modders and staff will continue to provide excellence in managing such a popular website.

I also posted this, because I could really use the dropper! AND... I had just contacted JAY about one! PLEASE PICK ME!!! LOl.....:woohoo:

GO REEF SANCTUARY!~

ChrisOaty

I'm fairly new to the hobby but this forum is by far the most informative and well behaved I've ever been a part of. Either reefers are simply a more lovable crowd, or the mods and staff do a fantastic job, but it's probably both. Anyway, I'll thank the old timers...the ones who're first to post with years and years of knowledge, helping us newbs save money (and sometimes lives) by lending experience and advice.

silva218

thanks to all the staff! you have helped me with my first tank so much!

Also thanks to everyone else for the help!

I also have been on other sites, and they either treated me like a _____(noun) if i asked any questions. Or they would treat me like a ______(noun)if i offered any help. Thank you very much Reef Sanctuary staff for being patient. Im sure sometimes you want to ______(verb) some of us.:D

Dweezil

I do not need a dropper, I already have one and it's awesome so thanks Jay!
I would however like to express my most sincere thanks to all staff and members here. We may not always agree with each other and that's a good thing that we have freedom of thought and expression. It's truly a wonderful thing when you have a place like RS and are able to converse with people from all around the world! Learn, grow, share. That's what it's all about.

BigJay

I also posted this, because I could really use the dropper! AND... I had just contacted JAY about one! PLEASE PICK ME!!! LOl.....:woohoo:

GO REEF SANCTUARY!~

ROFL. Never worry about ordering a dropper during one of my giveaways. If you order a dropper from me during the giveaway period and I draw your name you either get a second free dropper or a full refund. Your choice.
I assign a number to all posts in the order they are posted and use a random number generator to pick a winner so it's completely random. I'm also known to give away more then one so if this thread gets big enough it's very likely there will be multiple winners.
Good luck everyone!

snarf

My thanks aren't enough to a site run by real people that treat everyone the same. No clicks, no drama, just the fun of being able to share our hobby experience with others and also gain experience from others.
To have such a positive experience here means alot in the down economy.
My household is part of those statistics but we always seem to find what we need. This site is no different, I found it when I really needed it. Somehow I always read something that brings a smile to my face.
Reef Sanctuary and all their staff and members: Rock On!