Frankie's 120gal. glass experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie

RS STAFF
You got it. I will clean it up later and take some pictures for you. thanks buddy! I will post them tonight. I am also thinking if i do fix it i will make a manifold for it like Weatherson did. this could help keep that joint out of the water and increase the contact. Heres a link to what he did. It's near the middle of the page. Tank of the Month - April 2008 - Reefkeeping.com

Frankie

RS STAFF
Ok, here is the first picture. My cat hard at work.
000_2371_editedSmall.jpg

But this is what i have to work with Sas. What has to happen is that long thin compression line needs to be shoved down inside the titanium coil an then the titanium coil needs to be connected to the copper one. Really simple :jumprope:
000_2374_editedSmall.jpg

000_2375_editedSmall.jpg

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Ok, here is the first picture. My cat hard at work.
000_2371_editedSmall.jpg

But this is what i have to work with Sas. What has to happen is that long thin compression line needs to be shoved down inside the titanium coil an then the titanium coil needs to be connected to the copper one. Really simple :jumprope:
000_2374_editedSmall.jpg

000_2375_editedSmall.jpg

Frankie, trying to solder it may destroy the inner line, I suggest a double ended compression fitting and some shrink wrap or a few coats of epoxy.

Last edited:

Frankie

RS STAFF
LOL! Thats what i tried before and it leaked. I will try again then. I spent an hour chiseling the epoxy off of the compression fitting i had on it today!. I think the problem i had was i jumped the gun and filled it with freon to fast and a pin prick leak in the compression fitting pushed out the epoxy. Any recommendations on what epoxy to use?
Thanks for the help Sas. I feel better now knowing i was on the right path before. Just not a clean job.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
I really like J B weld, even smear a bit in side the nut before the bezel, they do make nylon ones now, called twist and lock?

Frankie

RS STAFF
Thats what i used. Oh well, I normally hit it on the first try but nobody's perfect. I will do it again tonight and take pictures for you to see. Thanks for the help Steve! Off to depot..........

Frankie

RS STAFF
Got in the truck, looked at the clock and changed my mind. I have an easy day tomorrow so i will wait and tackle this with a fresh mind.

JWarren

Frankie,

Try to get some potting compound, it sets up hard as glass. 3M makes it and is usually carried by McMaster Carr. I'll try to find a part # for ya.

JWarren

:)

Not too much time to post lately, just reading! Busy moving. Just got my internet hooked up at the new place after being down for over a week. So much for seemless integration! Thanks AT&T!

Frankie

RS STAFF
I wasn't talking about you buddy :)
There are some outsiders keeping an eye on my thread.

I am glad the move is going well John. It's amazing how dependent we become on the internet.

althea2you

awww! look how cozy the cat looks... as far as your recent topic.. its like reading a foreign language to me.. NO clue what your talking about! but i hope it goes better the second time around! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.