Fraggin Time

michael_cb_125

GeeWizzItsMe- No it is Montipora Samarensis. Pics do it no justice, this coral has bright orange polyps. I got three frags of this coral. I am going to wait a few weeks to let the frags fully attach. I probably wont take this long as this coral is a ridiculously fast grower. I got three Birdsnest frags, two larger ones and one smaller. Each frag has several branches, and looks very good. I hace a few frogspawn frags that I cut last night as well. I also have a Hammer that I may frag. Today I will frag my Green Star Polyps: I have a good sized branch rock that I have let my GSP grow onto this is going to be a really cool looking Branch Rock, Pink Stylo, Zoos, and Some Ricordea Shrooms. I am going to make a shroom rock out of Bullseye, tongan Hairy, Orange Ricordea, Blue Ricordea, and Blue Striped Discos. I am excited about this one. I will take some pics of everything tonite. If anyone is interested just PM Me. I fraged a few corals last nite and now I have gone Frag Happy. BTW You cant even tell I fraged the Birdsnest.-Michael

michael_cb_125

I looked at the frags I cut last nite, they are all fully opened, and have great color. You cant even see any scaring where I cut them. I am soo happy they are doin so well.

michael_cb_125

Ok, I got the Polyps fragged, and the hammer coral, frogspawn, mushrooms, Yellow polyps, and green star polyps. I made a shrrom rock that is very neat. It has three blue striped disco shrooms, one hairy tongan shroom, three orange florida ricordea, and five bullseye shrooms. The rics are on an oyster shell that I glued to a large rock, the bullseyes are on a 100% purple coraline encrusted rock, and the blues and hairy shroom are attatched right to the large rock. This is a really cool looking shroom rock. Im sorry I didnt get any pics posted, but it took a while to frag, and I had to clean up the Tank room. I promise that I will post pics tommorow. Sorry I did not get any up today.-Michael

tbittner

Wow! You've been busy! Where did you learn how to frag? I'm really interested in learning about that myself.

michael_cb_125

This was the first time that I have ever Intentionally fragged. i have broken pieces off before and glued the to rocks, the coral is not small colonies. But it is very easy. I think that SPS are the easiest. Polpys and shrooms give me the most hassle. You should try it, it is very neat to see little mini colonies of your coral. Im sorry I did not post pics last night, I had to leave the house and go to my Girlfriends, the turtle that I caught her (Franklin) was not eating. She freaked out. So I rode over and determined the problem... he was cold. Water temp was around 64. But I warmed him up and he ate fine. Anyways, I cant wait to post pics, I have some really nice frags in my tank now. They take up most of the front realestate. I have to ut them in the sand or the bulldosers (Turbo snails) will knock them off. I will have pics up later-Michael

GeeWizzItsMe

Good job learning then and sharing your experiences! Cool story with your girlfriend; I can imagine a cold little turtle... Still waiting for the pics... Then again, people are waiting for me to post pics, too...

michael_cb_125

Ok, Ive gotten all of my stuff taken care of. I am taking pictures as I type. I will definatley post pic tonite. It may be a little later but the pics will be up.

kathywithbirds

I would definitely like to see the fragging of froggies and hammers. Unless you have more than one head. Can you do it with a single head?

michael_cb_125

I have several frogspawns and two hammer corals. One of the Hammers is reserved for reefman. But I have another. Im uploading pics now.

michael_cb_125

Ok here are some pics. I will try to post more later, but it may be tommorow before I can.

Birdsnest:
SANY0064.jpg

SANY0066.jpg

Hammer:
SANY0070.jpg

Frogspawn:
SANY0081-1.jpg

Monti:
SANY0058.jpg

Mushroom Rock:
SANY0169.jpg

SANY0076-1.jpg

SANY0074.jpg

SANY0072.jpg

Thats not all of them, But I have some things to take care of, I will try to post more later.