Fraggin Time

michael_cb_125

I dont have a reactor (not enough space). I use turbo Calcium. It works great, I can keep my calcium levels correct, with very little effort. I dose Magnesium, via kents Tech-M. I have incredible growth, on all of my SPS and LPS. When I first got the monti, it came damaged there were little pieces broken everywhere. I put most of them just laying on the rock. Big Mistake In
five days all had hooked onto my rock, now many that were 1/2" are two inches. All of this happened in about a month.

michael_cb_125

At first I was testing almost every other day, now I test about once or twice a month. I dose Kalk occasionally, in my top off water. I have a system set up so that I know exactly when to dose calcium, it has worked great so far.
How do you supplement calcium?
I am building my 240 now. Should I look into a Ca. Reactor.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I use kalkwasser as my top off and so far that keeps the ca well above 400 ppm.
You don't need a reactor until dosing becomes a chore. It sounds like you have your method working great.

michael_cb_125

Most of my zoos are purple, a few have ca=hanges to bright green. I will try to cut off a few 2" frags sometime this week. I guess $15.00 per frag. Someone let me know If this is too much. I will try to post pics.

GeeWizzItsMe

Mike, you rock and have been a really great reef buddy! PS your pics are great! Thanks for everything! Just send me some pricing info, and I'll get my dad to "approve". Karma!

BEELZEBOB

rock and role lil buddy!!

those be some darn tootin impressive colonies!!

id be down for some purple zoos or a small piece of that birds nest? (the fuzzy purple one in the first set of pics)

tbittner

Hey Michael, I just want to be sure you're aware of the dangers of fragging Zoa's. Please read about them first before you take a knife to them.

michael_cb_125

Yep I know. Well I got the Birdsnest and the Montipora Done. I will frag everything else tommorow and post pics, Sory for the delay. But eveything looks great.