Found a 265 gallon tank for $300

Willie McDaries

when we set up my friends 265g glass tank,it was all 4 of us could do to man handle that beast,and all 4 of us were big boys,if that tank only weighs 400lbs,it is most likely acrylic or the seller is just guessing at the weight...either way,that is a great buy,more so if it is acrylic from a resell point of view

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
The reason I asked was because if its acrylic, three guys could move it easily. My 350 only took 2 to move and a third to maneuver from point to point.
Glass, I'd want like 4 guys minimum. Prefer 6 if long enough.

....Salt Creep Is Everywhere!....

sk8rdn

engineer goby said:
I'm at work now and been feeling sick to my stomach. I'm afraid someone is going to swoop in and offer more or worse yet I damage it moving it out of my truck.

If its acrylic, no worries. If its glass, be very delicate. It will scratch and chip like mad crazy in a truck. Either way, I recommend putting a square of carpet in the bed of the truck. High pile if possible... Lol. Makes it very easy to move and also cushions the bumps.

....Salt Creep Is Everywhere!....

dmatt88

Oh my. Ur in for it now. Add another 0 to the end of whatever u think ur spending. But sounds fun!!

........the mayor votes funlad for president!

engineer goby

Ok its now day 2 and the seller isn't answering my emails so it's my guess he came to his senses or someone swooped in and offered him more money. On the bright side I continue to look over craigslist daily searching for deals and found what could be promising. Any RS members in the philadelphia area World Wide Aquariums and Pets in Upper Darby has closed its doors for good and they are selling all of their tanks for just $5 a piece. I emailed the owner asking for more details about the tanks, I'm sure it's mostly 10 gallons but they probably have a few 20 or 40 breeders and maybe a couple display tanks. I want to turn this into a positive experience. I'm hoping to buy a couple tanks and try my hand at sump building. As soon as I hear back from the owner I will post updates.

jpsika08

Just be sure these LFS tanks were not used for treating crypto, for example copper as residue of this medicine stays on the silicone, invertebrates and reef life will die with it for sure.

kain101

yep, they used to have a pretty decent saltwater stock back when i used to go there.

lol, back in the stone age my first fish tank came from there. they used to run a special a 10 gallon with 2 guppies and the cotton and charcoal filter for 12.99 or something like that

so not wwa and no zoos (soon i may have to get a wet suit and collect my own livestock)

engineer goby

yep, they used to have a pretty decent saltwater stock back when i used to go there.

lol, back in the stone age my first fish tank came from there. they used to run a special a 10 gallon with 2 guppies and the cotton and charcoal filter for 12.99 or something like that

so not wwa and no zoos (soon i may have to get a wet suit and collect my own livestock)

That sounds like the deal my mom got me for my first fish tank back in 1980 only it was goldfish no guppies. Guppies were a little high end back then.

carlfike

I love engineering gobies. 2 of them can rescape your tank overnight lol.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk