Found a 265 gallon tank for $300

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick
Everyday I check Craigslist for tanks even though my wife won't let me have another tank. Today I found an awesome deal a 265 gallon reef ready tank with corner overflows for only 300 usd. I really don't have any room for a tank this size but I'm determined to get it even if I have to keep it moth balled in my parents garage for a few years. It will break my heart to allow this tank to pass me by. So any ideas on what I should say to the wife?

Brandon78

Cut a deal with her, that always works best, or go buy her something big and nice, then be like well I also bought a tank her ya go (hand big and nice gift to her)

engineer goby

lol I could play it off like the tank is for her even though she has zero interest in the hobby

sk8rdn

engineer goby said:
Everyday I check Craigslist for tanks even though my wife won't let me have another tank. Today I found an awesome deal a 265 gallon reef ready tank with corner overflows for only 300 usd. I really don't have any room for a tank this size but I'm determined to get it even if I have to keep it moth balled in my parents garage for a few years. It will break my heart to allow this tank to pass me by. So any ideas on what I should say to the wife?

Great find! I'd have a hard time letting that go too.
So what to say to the wife? How about please? (after the fact of course)
Or worse case scenario: "Can I keep the house...?" Lol.

....Salt Creep Is Everywhere!....

engineer goby

I thought about just getting it then telling her, look what's in my truck. What size sump would I need, 125?

sk8rdn

engineer goby said:
I thought about just getting it then telling her, look what's in my truck. What size sump would I need, 125?

265 x 20% = 53 gallons of extra water minimum. I'd say nothing smaller than a 75 gallon as a sump. But I'd prefer a 100g.

PIMPALA

hurry up, before someone else does!!

tell her it was too good of a deal to pass up, and worst case scenario, you sell it for a profit.

engineer goby

On so I could in theory use my 90 as a sump. I'm so excited about the possibility of getting. I called the wife and told her I bought a 265, her response was "oh really, how big"? I'm taking that as a go although I really have no idea where I could keep it.

sk8rdn

engineer goby said:
On so I could in theory use my 90 as a sump. I'm so excited about the possibility of getting. I called the wife and told her I bought a 265, her response was "oh really, how big"? I'm taking that as a go although I really have no idea where I could keep it.

That's a go!
And in the house... Duh... Lol.

sk8rdn

engineer goby said:
Ok so I should be picking it up Wednesday, I'm so excited I feel sick to my stomach

I was the same way when I found my 350 on CL... It won't go away until its safely in the garage for a week. Then you'll sleep (some)...

engineer goby

I guess I'm just really nervous that the deal might fall thru. I really won't feel comfortable until its actually in my possession

sk8rdn

engineer goby said:
I guess I'm just really nervous that the deal might fall thru. I really won't feel comfortable until its actually in my possession

Like I said... No sleep for over a week..

engineer goby

Like I said... No sleep for over a week..

I'm at work now and been feeling sick to my stomach. I'm afraid someone is going to swoop in and offer more or worse yet I damage it moving it out of my truck.

sk8rdn

engineer goby said:
I'm at work now and been feeling sick to my stomach. I'm afraid someone is going to swoop in and offer more or worse yet I damage it moving it out of my truck.

Glass or acrylic?