forum getting too big?

ausreef

i havnt been on for a while and was surprised the way the forum has gone on returning,it seems to be mainly tank logs at least 75% of the threads are tank logs and diaries some not even RSM,theres nothing wrong with this and im sure many of us enjoy reading them but if you have to wade through 30 pages to get to something you read or posted its a bit of a pain

my proposal is simple,split the forum into two,one part for general RSM queries,technical tips and discussion and a seperate one for tank logs i think it would make the whole forum much less unweildy and much more user friendly,what do you think?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
This has come up before, and no decision was made as there were advantages and disadvantages expressed by members. At this point in time nothing can be done anyway, since Travis is tied up trying to find the time to fix remaining issues caused by the software upgrade at the beginning of January. As busy as this subforum is it can be difficult to keep up with things, but I think that would be the case even after a split. I've often asked RSM owners to try to post questions in their tank thread, rather than a new post for every question. That would keep things a lot tidier.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
here a tip:

If you just check in here periodically from time to time... and don't want to read & see tank thread...

Try this...

I just tried it & worked perfectly.... click Search Forum, click Advanced Search, select Find thread with at most X (like 15) replies

You won't see tank threads... give this a try -

Hope this helps - Cheers ! :clink:

Last edited: