Flow is too strong, Loc-Line doesn't work on my Rsm, Help needed!!!!!!

Like title said, my sugar sand got flip and over by the flow no matter which way I turn the nozzle on my RSM 250. I have seen people adding Split Loc-Line, and I spent 2 weeks studying them on google search and even on this forum, also spending for the last week to adjust and modify, but there is nothing success. If anyone who has ever done it right, please teach me by treating me as a Chi-wa-wa. Im tired with reading over and over again. Also, dont give me any link who has success, trust me I have gone reading every reply in those threads, so I prefer someone to really teach me by typing it out step by step, size by size etc.

Here is the pic for two of my Nozzles left is the bigger nozzle, and right is the smaller one. The one in the middle is what I bought called the 3/4 "Y" split Loc-line. I took the head part of the nozzle off and try to squeeze the "Y" onto both, but its either too loose or too tight that can't even fit.
555335D4-52EC-486F-9148-F95527C081E0-14945-000019AA52642501.jpg

Here is a pic who did it right
E302AD7B-B15D-4C58-92ED-0746C2EB33FF-14945-000019AB8DCD53EC.jpg

Last edited:
besides, I sent an email to red sea max already, but no reply in 3 days, I guess they just dont really care about anyone like Lfs owners said.

mtk

That tank you posted is mine. I am pretty sure the y is a 3/4 x 1/2 reducing Y. I can tell you it is a very tight fit. They make a tool to press it together. Here is a link to the pliers. Loc-Line 3/4" Hose Pliers. I am able to press them together by hand but it is tough. You may want to put that Y into boiling water to soften it up and try to press it onto the bulk head fitting (one pictured in your picture on the left). Then you would want to add 1/2 inch loc line to the two ends of the Y then add 1/2 inch nozzle's to get the patter you want.

Acanman

You have to buy the locline pliers unless your the hulk. U can always replace the pump with something weaker

lol, I guess the guy above your reply is a Hulk! I will try with the loc line plier. replacing the pump isnt a good idea,since we need that much filtration going on at the back.

I do mine without the pliers

I really dunno what to say, I tried with boiling water, but its still make no use. Do you remember the 3/4 Y loc-line is just a tiny bigger than the head of the Nozzle or not? cuz even you said it was a tight fit, but by the appearance, they are almost the same size which cant be fit. If yours is like that, I will try one more time tonight. Also, did you say you put in the boiling water and let it boil for how long before you took it out?

I know that the fit is EXTREMELY tight. I actually used a pair of channel lock pliers and wedged them on. For the best approach, at least for me, don't try to push these straight on. Actually take the "Y" and have it cocked to just off center so you can get it started. Once started, especially if you're boiling it to warm the plastic, it will push very hard then just "pop". You can then swivel it around to insure that you have them aligned to your liking. Good luck! I know they work and I've done exactly the same process on my left return pump.

Oriontool

I really dunno what to say, I tried with boiling water, but its still make no use. Do you remember the 3/4 Y loc-line is just a tiny bigger than the head of the Nozzle or not? cuz even you said it was a tight fit, but by the appearance, they are almost the same size which cant be fit. If yours is like that, I will try one more time tonight. Also, did you say you put in the boiling water and let it boil for how long before you took it out?

Please let us know if it you tried it again and how it came out? I am in the same boat as you. The male and female 3/4 look to be the same size and I couldn't get it to fit. I did not try boiling however.

I know that the fit is EXTREMELY tight. I actually used a pair of channel lock pliers and wedged them on. For the best approach, at least for me, don't try to push these straight on. Actually take the "Y" and have it cocked to just off center so you can get it started. Once started, especially if you're boiling it to warm the plastic, it will push very hard then just "pop". You can then swivel it around to insure that you have them aligned to your liking. Good luck! I know they work and I've done exactly the same process on my left return pump.
Thx I might try again tmr, I almost give up yesterday thinking retyrining them, but since u replied with success, I will keep trying until it goes on.
The other thing is after u managed to put loc line , did u think the water flow is going to be too slow? Or u liked it or u added extra pump?

I have to MP10's in the tank to assist with flow. Having said that, the stock pump w/ the loc line is what I had for about 2 months and it was absolutely fine. More importantly, like you desire, my sand isn't blowing all over the place (unless my Melnarus Wrasse is waking up or going to sleep). I really hope you're successful with the project because you do have all the right parts. It's just the initial struggle to get them together.

I have very fine sand sitting the bottom of my tank, Im kind of scared maybe mp10 will blow my sand all over. what kind of sand are you using?
this is a pic of my sand
9A544BD5-001B-4AEC-8BC0-3176F7734230-15554-00001B67E7ED72BE.jpg
I have to MP10's in the tank to assist with flow. Having said that, the stock pump w/ the loc line is what I had for about 2 months and it was absolutely fine. More importantly, like you desire, my sand isn't blowing all over the place (unless my Melnarus Wrasse is waking up or going to sleep). I really hope you're successful with the project because you do have all the right parts. It's just the initial struggle to get them together.

Unfortunately, for both of us, we elected the wrong sand - too fine. Because of the draw pattern of the MP10's, I've had absolutely no issue with them blowing sand. Only my wrasse kicks it up during the day. Hope you get this all sorted.

that a great news to me man!! Could you tell me how high you set the mp10 on the tank so that i dont have any sand flowing around?
Unfortunately, for both of us, we elected the wrong sand - too fine. Because of the draw pattern of the MP10's, I've had absolutely no issue with them blowing sand. Only my wrasse kicks it up during the day. Hope you get this all sorted.

Sure, I have 1 on each side of the tank (left and right) about 4" down from the top and about 1/3 back from the front. My rockscape is mostly towards the back, so I have them placed a bit forward to insure that there is good circulation. I run them on lagoon mode at 40%. When I do water changes on Sunday mornings, I move it to Transport mode for the day. I'm glad I could help a little bit. Certainly not an expert - rely on Glenn for that (Did you see the size of some of his corals?!).

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
no expert here, but thanks - I just share one persons opinions & experience - lots in the club know more than I ... in fact I think your setup of two MP10's is fantastic ^

great to know, with your suggestions, saves a half life for me! I will try with one mp10 first to see how it goes!
Sure, I have 1 on each side of the tank (left and right) about 4" down from the top and about 1/3 back from the front. My rockscape is mostly towards the back, so I have them placed a bit forward to insure that there is good circulation. I run them on lagoon mode at 40%. When I do water changes on Sunday mornings, I move it to Transport mode for the day. I'm glad I could help a little bit. Certainly not an expert - rely on Glenn for that (Did you see the size of some of his corals?!).

Love the way you treat your tank's lives. I just read about the media rack you had, I might wanna get one of those! I was thinking add live rock instead of live balls at the bottom, then chaeto with light in the middle, last maybe GFO & chemical carbon with the filter pad. Now, do you still run the rsm stock filter pad when your running the media rack? Cuz I have a hard time of turning the floss all the time due to the water got stuck, or you just leave one inch up? Are you running the stock skimmer or ? because i have spending lots of time on the skimmer as well, and it dont get much skunk at all. So any suggestions?
no expert here, but thanks - I just share one persons opinions & experience - lots in the club know more than I ... in fact I think your setup of two MP10's is fantastic ^

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Thanks

In the back of the RSM tanks 250 & 130 I would not run the bio-rings or rubble - just traps nitrates - not needed - your LR in your display tank is all you need for bio filtration on my RSM 250, I just leave one inch up

I do run the stock skimmer, you just have to tweak it in & keep the water levels consistent for quality skimming