Florida Trip

yankieman

Hi ev1 we are heading out with the travel trailer this weekend for a trip around the entire coast of Florida starting in Gulf shores AL and all the way around to Savanna Ga before heading back home ,, any site seeing stops I should make in particular? we plan on stopping at every lighthouse we come to ,,, any other ideas?

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
If ya get to the glades do the air boat rides. Wow. Also cedar key is a nice intimate little spot worthy of a stop. N stop by n see Steve! The Clearwater St Pete area is beautiful.

........reefers rock!

sk8rdn

dmatt88 said:
N stop by n see Steve! The Clearwater St Pete area is beautiful.

........reefers rock!

I agree. Beautiful area... Ah, my hometown, so I'm bias... :D

...."Fish" Happens!....

yankieman

If ya get to the glades do the air boat rides. Wow. Also cedar key is a nice intimate little spot worthy of a stop. N stop by n see Steve! The Clearwater St Pete area is beautiful.

........reefers rock!

plan on following the coast all the way around,, I think 2 nites in st pettersburg and 2 nights in napoles which is close to the glades ,, we will be stayig in KOA kamp grounds ,, 4 nites in sugar loaf keys

dmatt88

As ur on the west coast just south of Hudson n port richey there's tarpon springs. The Greek food n the pier is worth an afternoon.

........reefers rock!

steved13

PREMIUM
plan on following the coast all the way around,, I think 2 nites in st pettersburg and 2 nights in napoles which is close to the glades ,, we will be stayig in KOA kamp grounds ,, 4 nites in sugar loaf keys

Stop by and say hello, I'm not far from the KOA in St. Pete

dmatt88

Oh ya n take that bridge. Sunshine something. Hey Steve free wave runners for rs members still right.

........reefers rock!

sneaks03

Jekyll island which is around Brunswick,Ga. I love it there and venture there most weekends. Also just up highway 17 is st. Simmons island and there is a light house on the southern tip of the island. They are both in the Brunswick area and 20 mins from each other. There is a nice campground on Jekyll island as well.

yankieman

Jekyll island which is around Brunswick,Ga. I love it there and venture there most weekends. Also just up highway 17 is st. Simmons island and there is a light house on the southern tip of the island. They are both in the Brunswick area and 20 mins from each other. There is a nice campground on Jekyll island as well.

cool thanks now here is the good news I just actually bought 22 acres of land between Brunswick GA and the Florida border so since my wife hasnt actually seen the land yet we are spending 2 nights at the KOA on the Florida GA border

sk8rdn

Stuff to do:
*If you do the "out doors-y" stuff then the Citrus County area is beautiful. Especially Crystal River and Homasassa Springs.

*I agree with Matt, Tarpon Springs has the sponge docks (on Alternate US 19) with great restaurants and the Tarpon Aquarium as well (it is small, but cheap and you can feed the nurse sharks they have- I've taken the kids a couple times). It's a great area to spend the afternoon.

*St. Pete/Clearwater/Madeira Beach/Treasure Island has some of the nicest beachs on the Gulf Coast.

*And Matt was referring to the Sunshine Skyway Bridge (I275 Southbound to Sarasota from the south end of Pinellas county)

If you plan to stop in the Hernando area at all (like Weekie Wachee Springs or something) I'd be happy to PM you my number and maybe we can meet up for drinks or something :clink:

Enjoy your trip! Take Pics! Share with RS!

yankieman

Stuff to do:
*If you do the "out doors-y" stuff then the Citrus County area is beautiful. Especially Crystal River and Homasassa Springs.

*I agree with Matt, Tarpon Springs has the sponge docks (on Alternate US 19) with great restaurants and the Tarpon Aquarium as well (it is small, but cheap and you can feed the nurse sharks they have- I've taken the kids a couple times). It's a great area to spend the afternoon.

*St. Pete/Clearwater/Madeira Beach/Treasure Island has some of the nicest beachs on the Gulf Coast.

*And Matt was referring to the Sunshine Skyway Bridge (I275 Southbound to Sarasota from the south end of Pinellas county)

If you plan to stop in the Hernando area at all (like Weekie Wachee Springs or something) I'd be happy to PM you my number and maybe we can meet up for drinks or something :clink:

Wow thanks for all the info ,, we are tryin to work alot of things in a short amount of time lol but the Tarpon Aquarium sounds like a cool thing ,,not sure where the Hernando area is or weekie wachee springs is but we will be at the ST Petes KOA Kamp ground on the 9th and 10th before heading on south to Napoles for 2 days,,, thanks

lbiminiblue

Hi ev1 we are heading out with the travel trailer this weekend for a trip around the entire coast of Florida starting in Gulf shores AL and all the way around to Savanna Ga before heading back home ,, any site seeing stops I should make in particular? we plan on stopping at every lighthouse we come to ,,, any other ideas?
Are you hitting Miami? Go to Kerry's Fort Reef if you hit the keys. Awesome light houses in South Florida. Try the shark valley bike trail, it's 17 miles of coolnes...What's the farthest south you're going?

lbiminiblue

Stuff to do:

I heard homosassa has mangrove snappers living in the freshwater part...

yankieman

Are you hitting Miami? Go to Kerry's Fort Reef if you hit the keys. Awesome light houses in South Florida. Try the shark valley bike trail, it's 17 miles of coolnes...What's the farthest south you're going?

Hi we are actually circling the entire coast with a 4 day stop over in sugar loaf key and driving through Miami on way north to Orlando ,,,

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I didn't read all the posts before me (sorry)... but here is my take:

A) St Augustine is a blast with lots of historical stuff if your'e into that.
B) Savannah Ga is a lot of fun
C) Make the effort to get up to NC... KittyHawk, Carolina Beach and the Outer Banks are well worth the trip... AMAZING!
D) If you can swing by Asheville, NC and check out the Biltmore House! Only one of it's kind in America.

dmatt88

Al. As a participator I have to remind you that the rs rules stipulate u read all the prior posts. Even if its 450 pages. I can't wait til I finish the last 1730 pages on Juan's thread so I can comment. :p:beer:

........reefers rock!