fish problem

villasman

i have a 125 gallon aquarium with these in it powder brown tang,yellow tang,,
couple bangaii cardinal and some clowns just added blue hippo and golden dwarf.its been a couple days i think the old fish are picking on new fish any ideas.both these i just got from nyaquatic are perfect dont wanna lose them.i know its only been a couple days but worried.dwarf come out more than tang and the hippo is the biggest fish in the tank.open to some ideas

Blurp

hummm territorial fish these oldies...my suggestion would be to separate them and reintroduce them to the tank where newbies will be already there, but you'll take teh risk of loosing some...Anyway, it was courageous to mix hippo with tangs, do not usually share biotope...

DaveK

How large is the powder brown tang?

I live outside Philadelphia, and might be interested.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Smart move removing some of the fish. Your tank is overstocked for the fish types you are keeping. The hippo will outgrow that tank one day btw.
Sounds like a short road trip Dave :)

DaveK

Nice size fish.

I got to think this one over. I've already got a yellow tank and a hippo tang in the tank. They are about the same size, so I'm a little worried about fighting. On the other hand both my current tangs are extremely timid, to the point were I call them "chickens of the sea".

I'll get back to you Wed. If someone else makes you an offer first, and you accept, it's my loss.

DaveK

...Sounds like a short road trip Dave :)

You have no idea how bad the traffic is from my area to Cape May is on an in season, summer weekend. If I do make the trip, I'll leave early enough to get down there for breakfast.

villasman

look i just caught them both i am putting in sump i ll meet you half way how does that sound?if not gonna take back to ocean aquarium.how long they stay in there? what fish do u think would better to keep would like to keep one

Frankie

RS STAFF
Nice size fish.

I got to think this one over. I've already got a yellow tank and a hippo tang in the tank. They are about the same size, so I'm a little worried about fighting.

I would try a UV to clear up that yellow. Sounds like the hippo needs to be upgraded to a larger tank!:makefun: :jumprope:

DaveK

After giving it some consideration, I think I can get away with adding the powder brown to my system.

PM sent.

xspeedrj

another idea would be to re-aquascape to erase the territories

Bully to Grendel.

Moving stuff around does wonders to reset fish brains. Trust me....I have used this tactic to my advantage many times.

It doesn't have to be dramatic either. Hang-on breeder enclosures or even a suction cups with a fish profile....like a clown to hold seaweed even has an effect, moving rock around.....even more.