Fish Man's Fish Tank RSM 250

abugslife

This is thread is to chronicle the journey of FishMan and his fish tank.

It is a red sea max 250.

(Ps FishMan is a 11 year old boy and his adventures are financed by FishDad).

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Wow - haven't seen you (two) in a long time! Congrats on the 250! Thanks for starting a thread for us!

abugslife

Thanks Reefmack. We have been plugging away (survived the great algae disaster and the tank full of kelp) and it looks like our tank has turned the corner and is starting to look quite nice.

We do have one odd problem of half the lights being blue and and half white so I'm trying to research how that is possible :)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
You're welcome! Half of each single bulb is white and half blue? That would be strange. Maybe time to replace the bulbs? If there's an electrical cause for it I wouldn't know.

abugslife

I thought this photo was fun.

My son really wanted to play with the fire shrimp and I caught him with his hand in the tank with the shrimp climbing onto his hand. Hmm....

Attachments

• lucas.jpg
    lucas.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 67

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Great picture! I have 2 cleaners and they've been known to try to clean my finger nails at times, but I rarely go in the tank gloveless now. Toomany stings from my torches & frogspawn, and being bristled by bristleworms. At least my fish haven't bit me yet LOL!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Thanks for checking in and congrats on the new 250, did you sell the 130? Son still want to be a Marine Biologist?

abugslife

Hi nanoreefing4fun

Yes my son still is determined to be a marine biologist. He asked for Christmas
"Marine Invertebrates - A pocketexpert guide"by Shimek PH. D.

Fortunately he no longer asks me to read these books to him at bedtime :eek:lsmile:

kyley

Welcome to RS abugslife! My 7 year old son is what got me started on this one year ago. He wants to be a marine biologist too. We got our RSM250 for him (and me of course!) for Christmas last year. Have fun with it! Take care,
--Kyle

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Cool !!!
1085.gif

alirons

Welcome and it seems we never stop financing our kids.I have 4 and i think they will never stop asking for financial help.Good luck and enjoy. AL