First Tank, RSM C250

Trinny

index.php
Hello, my name is Michael from Sydney Australia, I'm new to keeping a tank and setup this RSM C250 3 weeks ago with help from an experienced marine tank keep. So with old filter pad, bio balls, quick start bacteria and a couple of water changes I had good and stable levels within a week of putting the live rock in and spent the last week stocking the clowns and coral. I'm learning heaps and have spent time on the tank everyday since getting it up and running.

37884-bb8cd2b595f45d0c05c4e91888f39499.jpg

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Welcome to the RSM Club here on RS - Cheers for starting a tank thread, so we can follow along :clink: Beautiful tank !

StevesLEDs

RS Sponsor
Beautiful aquarium, looks like you got an awesome head start! Please let us know if you have any questions along the way, we are glad to help out fellow reefers.

Jeff

Trinny

Thanks guys, I sure will be asking questions but have seen a lot from other posts too.

Any tips for getting rid of little particles in the water?

The water is clear (not cloudy) but has heaps of particles suspended in it and rolling around. I put in a bunch of folded white filter pad in the two chambers before the return pump chambers, hope that helps but doesn't seem the particles go near the surface skimmer to get filtered.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
try pulling your white filter floss & taking it to the sink & rinse it under warm running tapwater, then shake dry & replace - several times a day & see it that does not help...

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Very BEAUTIFUL TANK!! :sunshine:
:rbwwelc:WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary :crowd:
:yeehoo: & CHEERS for starting a tank thread :yeehoo:
Keep posting pictures of your progress....You will enjoy looking back on them as your tank matures. :)
Very BEST WISHES....:cruiser:

Trinhy

Added a chiller during the week as the tank was running a bit warm. Got the Hailea 150a chiller with an Ehiem 1000 and all seems to be running nicely. Got a small Tunze power head too which is great for feeding with the pumps off and also got some more coral (wife and I have a coral addiction now)

Today. I did my first water change since getting fish and corals and all went well including the water test with all the levels where they should be which was really nice to see.

So here's a photo from a couple of nights ago.image.jpg

The tank has 11 fish;
3 black and white clowns
3 orange and white clowns
3 Bangaii Cardinals
1 Yellow Tang
1 Flame Angel

So, I'm thinking the tank might only be comfortable holding a couple more fish. What's a good number to to have before they get a bit crowded in an RSM 250?

Danreef

Added a chiller during the week as the tank was running a bit warm. Got the Hailea 150a chiller with an Ehiem 1000 and all seems to be running nicely. Got a small Tunze power head too which is great for feeding with the pumps off and also got some more coral (wife and I have a coral addiction now)

Today. I did my first water change since getting fish and corals and all went well including the water test with all the levels where they should be which was really nice to see.

So here's a photo from a couple of nights ago.View attachment 43885

The tank has 11 fish;
3 black and white clowns
3 orange and white clowns
3 Bangaii Cardinals
1 Yellow Tang
1 Flame Angel

So, I'm thinking the tank might only be comfortable holding a couple more fish. What's a good number to to have before they get a bit crowded in an RSM 250?

I will STOP there with fish for a while or for ever. Remember they growth. And take it easy with the food. Do not overfeeding

Nice tank !!!!

Trinhy

Yeah I have put the brakes on any new additions to the tank and wasn't thinking of any new fish (if any) for at least a month or two