Finally decided to ask.

lcstorc

This coral has been slowly growing in my tank for years. It just kind of appeared and has slowly grown enough to see some detail and I am curious to find out what it is.
As far as I can tell, it harms nothing, but is just one of those things.
It is still not very large. For size reference the green behind is my lovely (lol) grape calurpa.

Mystery.jpg

DrHank

Lynn it looks like a Lobophyton species to me. Probably one that isn't commonly collected. Some of them do grow at very slow rates. If the polyps retract and it has a rubbery texture I'd be willing to put money on it. It has the appearance similar to a young Fiji yellow leather but not the coloration.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Lynn it looks like a Lobophyton species to me. Probably one that isn't commonly collected. Some of them do grow at very slow rates. If the polyps retract and it has a rubbery texture I'd be willing to put money on it. It has the appearance similar to a young Fiji yellow leather but not the coloration.
I agree. some type of Lobophytum sp.

lcstorc

Hmm, it is definitely rubbery in texture and does not appear to have a hard skeleton. I thought of my finger leather at one point but it grows so slowly I dismissed that. My other leathers take off an grow like crazy. It is very close to a Kenya Tree and another leather that I forget the name of, so maybe there is some chemical warfare going on. It's always been too small to frag, but it is a bit bigger and now that I have the frag tank set-up I may just give it a try.
I'm with Doni on this one. Whatever it is, it is a pretty little thing.