kole tang
pink skunk clown
tomato clown
royal gramma
six line wrasse
damsel
sleeper goby
seabae nem

the tangs always have nori on the clip(except at night)
I feed three times a day
morning a lil pinch of reef flakes
lunch is mysis
supper is both

i feed the nem about twice a week,a half a silverside

0 nitrates and 0 phosphates

hma

i have to feed in 7 tanks, four are breeding tanks. In to the breed tank I feed dependent on it whether young animals am present or not. Are young animals present approx.. 6-8 times each day, no young animals are present 2 times each day.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Note to self: Never drink tea at Al's house.

:invisible

:LOL: SSsshhh don't let My wife hear/read this!!

Just kidding... in fact she is the very one who picked out and BOUGHT the tea strainer just for that purpose.. and it works splendidly...

hma

:LOL: SSsshhh don't let My wife hear/read this!!

Just kidding... in fact she is the very one who picked out and BOUGHT the tea strainer just for that purpose.. and it works splendidly...

agree 110% with Allen, i am use also a tea strainer.

But everyone can still visits me .:snshne: ..... Mhhh .... with me, there is no tea. I only drink tea when I am sick, but I am almost never sick. :whstlr:

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
:D Thanks Heinz :) Yeah I don't drink tea at all. So if you want Tea @ Allen's you'd better bring it yourself.

Heinz have you ever thought about trying to come over here in 2008 for one of the big Trade Shows? There is one going to be in late summer/fall not far from here (I'm in Eastern US, North Carolina to be exact) in Atlanta Georgia. I think there will be several Reef Sanctuary members there and it would be an amazing time for you to come and meet.

hma

:D Thanks Heinz :) Yeah I don't drink tea at all. So if you want Tea @ Allen's you'd better bring it yourself.

Heinz have you ever thought about trying to come over here in 2008 for one of the big Trade Shows? There is one going to be in late summer/fall not far from here (I'm in Eastern US, North Carolina to be exact) in Atlanta Georgia. I think there will be several Reef Sanctuary members there and it would be an amazing time for you to come and meet.

You think of MACNA 2008 in Atlanta? This is actually my plan for 2008. Unfortunately, I have only a few days, but a short visit should be possible.

lcstorc

That would be awesome if you could go. Lots of us are going and meeting you would be a great privilege.

hma

That would be awesome if you could go. Lots of us are going and meeting you would be a great privilege.

Thank you Lynn,

it certainly is not a privilege to meet me, I am not sooooooo pretty :rolleyes: , but I would be very pleased if I could visit MACNA and my RS Friends meet. :snshne:

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thank you Lynn,

it certainly is not a privilege to meet me, I am not sooooooo pretty :rolleyes: , but I would be very pleased if I could visit MACNA and my RS Friends meet. :snshne:

I'm hoping with your camera skills you can make Me look AMAZING!! That's why I am anxious to meet you :D

PEMfish

Grate - with the camera - shot me wile your at it.
I keep the Yellow tail blue damsel and the clown.
I feed Rods food every other day. One piece the size of a pea, melted and served. The corals benefit from this great stuff too.

Tangtastic

I feed my fish once in the morning and once in the evening each day. I feed the puffer first. He eats 1 or 2 krill (cut into thirds) off the end of a skewer. He is a pig and lets a lot of little pieces float around the tank (like a child leaving crumbs all over). This is why I feed him first. The other fish are hungry and clean up after him. Then I feed a mysis (or brine) cube to the rest (1 yellow tang, 1 sailfin tang, 1 percula, 1 blue damsel, 1 mandarin goby). 1 cube used to be a good amount, but now that I let them clean up after the puffer too, I think I might cut down to half a cube and see how that works. I also give a few little pellets of ora glow for the percula. He goes CRAZY for the stuff. And I give a small piece of Nori everday or so for the tangs. I use my magnet cleaner to pinch it up against the glass and they go nuts. The mandarin is not an active eater. He combs the sand and rocks and cleans up after the other fish, and eats the pods that we feed into the tank from the refugium. I keep a bundle of chaeto in the refugium to allow for good pod growth and it feeds into the main tank. We also have a coral banded shrimp that cleans up the rest. He is huge! That's why the puffer doesn't mess with him! Of course one day... the puffer will get big enough and hungry enough and may make him lunch... but I don't want to think about that. I try hard to keep him happy and full so he doesn't have any reason to mess with the shrimp.

Everyone seems very happy!

360reefer

Sadly,I'm one of the four people who voted three times a day.I've been trying to ween myself to twice a day but I have a bunch of anthias.To worried they might starve to death.

Basile

I'm gone for 45 days periods and a buddy feeds my fish every second day. But when i come home , i'm like the tide its twice a day for my precious lol.:apint:

reefer4200

I have 6 anthias in my 125 with an additional 6 or so fish...how often should i be feeding. my Anthias NEVER stop eating!!

hma

From four to five times per day they should be already fed. Anthias use the feed immediately, no reserves are built up. That's why a multiple feeding is extremely important.

Paul B

Almost all fish in the sea except larger carnivores like lionfish eat or try to eat all day. Some all night. Different fish require different foods.
I feed live baby brine every day. Of course if you don't have small fish or fish with tiny mouths, you don't need this.
I also feed some live blackworms every day. This to me is the best food you can give to get fish into and to keep them in breeding condition.
I also feed some type of frozen food like mysis almost every day along with an automatic feeder which dispenses pellets in the morning in case I don't get to feed them at all that day.

hma

Paul, everything properly what you write. However, the question concerns Anthias, they need SEVERAL TIMES daily feed. They use her food IMMEDIATELY and have no possibility to invest reserves in the fatty tissue like other fish.

Most specially sensitive are A. tuca. An even shorter feed Interval is valid for these Anthias kind. It is not fed at least all 2-3 hours they die within the shortest time.