Fedex

Intranick

Ok, i know this isn't a vender, but the delivery is part of the whole process too.

I woke up this morning, checked my tracking, and discovered that my package.. has been delivered to "address other than recipient"

So I call fedex' less than helpful customer support, and they at least give me the apartment they delivered it to -- the building next to mine!

So I go up to the room they said they delivered it to, no such luck, nobody answers. I call the support number on liveaquaria.com, tell them what happened, confirm that they shipped it to the right address. Lots of fun.

now, I have to go to work in an hour and a half and wont be home. liveaquaria called fedex and the package will be recollected or replaced on fedex' behalf. I also went to the management, signed something that said they can give my phone number to the address it was delivered to, and all that fun stuff. The management will attempt to contact the person, fedex will attempt to recollect the package, i dont care which happens first, but something needs to happen. fast.

this is a 45# box of live rock.

I'm so frustrated.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
The GOOD news is that unless they have a SW tank it's of no USE to them and will ultimately just really stink up their apartment :)

Allen

Intranick

LOL yeah always a plus.

It arrived now, --see how making a few calls can resolve things?

time for a picture -- it really doesn't look like much rock in the tank lol :/ ill probably get more

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
:LOL: always the case.

Glad it arrived and in tact. I hate to get broken & chipped rock. :lol:

Allen

aquaman_06

My experience's with Fed Ex have been horrible overall. In fact I find UPS is much, much better. Often times when I have livestock delivered via Fed Ex it arrives 1/2 dead and very traumatized. When UPS delivers livestock you wouldn't even know anything had happened.

vdituri

I concur on the Fed-Ex thing. I thought it was just my driver.
I had my LR shipped to my work address because there is always somebody there. They delivered it across the street to another warehouse complex.
For pete's sake. He delivers to us all the time.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
....They delivered it across the street to another warehouse complex.
For pete's sake. He delivers to us all the time.
What we have here is a classic case of "brainious-farteous". It's very contagious and there are no known cures. :)

Allen

Melanie

My experience's with Fed Ex have been horrible overall. In fact I find UPS is much, much better. Often times when I have livestock delivered via Fed Ex it arrives 1/2 dead and very traumatized. When UPS delivers livestock you wouldn't even know anything had happened.

I think it's just your driver. I have the OPPOSITE experience. You should have seen how delicately the Fed Ex girl was handling my "Live Fish" package. She was so concerned. She made sure it was always upright in the truck and hand delivered it to me in my office to make sure I "got it in water right away."

UPS on the other hand, delivers to my house. No matter what they bring, it is broken, smashed, torn etc. I think my guy plays football with his buddies in the warehouse using my packages as a ball.

flricordia

Must be a location thing because I have used FedEx both shipping and recieveing and have never had a problem. When I recieve I have it held at the FedEx metro recieveing location and pick it up so that may be why I have always gotten my livestock with no problem and when I ship I try to have the recipient do the same. Less stress on livestock nopt having to ride around in a delivery truck all day.
Sorry to hear of your problem but glad to hear it worked out in the end.

bluespotjawfish

I've only had one problem with Fedex, my fishies were lost once on their truck all day. It was supposed to be a morning delivery and I didn't get it until about 5:00 pm. The worst part is they couldn't tell me when it would be delivered so I wasted the entire day waiting for it. Now I have it held at the airport FedEx and I have all my deliveries ready for me by 8:00 am. The guys there know the Live Fish are for me and have them safely waiting in a climate controlled environment. Got a chuckle the last time I went in...they asked me if I also show dogs. I thought they were all knowing and powerful until they told me I still had my armband on! :smirk:

My last experience with UPS was when they delivered my live fish to my doorstep, but left it without confirming anyone was available to receive it. Had I not been home, it would have sat in the heat all day. They are typically good as well, just this one experience made me a bit nervous.

lcstorc

I really think it depends on the driver. My last order came in via Fexex and the driver had it stitting next to her so it did not get jostled around and give my fish a headache. I didn't have the heart to tell her it was coral and not fish. I was just grateful for the careful handling. Now what they went through before getting on her truck who knows But she at least saw the live fish markings and took care of them as best she could until they were delivered.

Intranick

Yeah I should add (now that i've cooled down :p) that normally i have my computer parts delivered over fedex because they come less beat up than UPS, and the worst is DHL. DHL is cheap , but only ok for like.. books and things.

I think this driver just sucked, I just moved into my apartment a month ago and have only had one thing delivered -- i cant even remember what it was, or what carrier though. I think it was just a bunch of books.

flricordia

Yeah I should add (now that i've cooled down :p) that normally i have my computer parts delivered over fedex because they come less beat up than UPS, and the worst is DHL. DHL is cheap , but only ok for like.. books and things.

I think this driver just sucked, I just moved into my apartment a month ago and have only had one thing delivered -- i cant even remember what it was, or what carrier though. I think it was just a bunch of books.

I agree, DHL is the worst. I had LR sent from south FL to me in the FL panhandle 2 day and it took over a week going up into the Carolinas before getting rerouted this way.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I've always had a positive experience with FedEx. I've ordered many times from internet vendors and have always gotten my packages on time and intact. Luckily yours wasn't livestock!:eek:

Galen

It's not fish but still had a bad experience wit FedEx. I ordered a $500 video card for my computer. It was a preorder so I had no delivery date. When I got curious about the shipment so I called the vendor. It had shipped 2 weeks ago. I found it in the next door neighbor's flower bed in 3" of water. Luckily it was in shrink wrap in a box that was shrink wrapped in a box that was shrink wrapped.

Witfull

i hate using FedX. you know that "Signature Required" is considered optional to them. ive had many orders from them left on my doorstep by them, even though they are Sig Req" packages. also there tracking is slow. upto 3 hrs.

UPS tracking is contant. i was tracking a UPS package and it said "on truck for delivery" i saw the truck pull up and met the driver and by the time i got in the house and set the box down i checked and it said "delivered and had my signature.

i like that~

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
There is a delivery company in NJ called G.O.D... Guaranteed overnight delivery.

Imagine trying to explain to your friends at work that you received a visit from God, and that he brought you a delivery of fish, of all things... :bugout:

god_ford_binghamton_ny_aug2001b.jpg