Fare Well To An Extraordinary Friend

Frankie

RS STAFF
In Loving Memory Of Z 01/22/07 - 08/19/08
witfull_1.jpg

We say fare well to an old friend here on RS. Most of us remember the day Dave brought him home with anger and sadness about the treatment of one of God's creatures. But fate had a different plan for Z. With great care and love he was given a second chance at life and touched us all with his miraculous recovery.
Now after many years living in the loving care of Witfull and his family Z's time has come to an end.
Goodbye, a poem by Christina Sturgill
[FONT=Georgia, Verdana]An old friend has passed away
Sick and weak with age
Until my days also fade
I shall remember him every day

An old friend has moved on
Sick and weak with age
For I will miss him so
I can not believe he is actually gone

An old friend has met the end
Sick and weak with age
Because he passed away
I now have one less friend

An old friend has lost his heart
Sick and weak with age
Until we meet again some day
Our souls will have to leave and part

An old friend has meet the fate to die
Sick and weak with age
His memory shall live on
But now it's time to say goodbye
[/FONT]

GSELLERS

Has been struck by the ban stick
He enjoyed his last breathing moments with someone that truely cared. True bliss. He will be missed. :(

bluespotjawfish

When you are having a bad day, remember some of his were worse! Thank goodness for great people (fish, dogs, et.al.) who pull us through the rough times!

Witfull

i remember the day i brought him home. holes ripped into his flesh. so weak and in pain that he allowed me to lift him out of water and swab his wounds with iodine without a squiggle. he had given up and we all doubted he would make the night. he surprised us all. he gave us his spirit and a true insight to the desire to overcome.

rest well Z, you are an inspiration to all.

Intranick

awesome! posts from my blackberry DO show up!!!

anyways my posts from my blackberry are simple because its difficult, im on my friend's laptop, I felt the need to say more

Rip Z.. sounds like he/she was a tough one! you know, sad things happen to good ... i dont want to call Z a person, but I dont want to use "animal" as a designation for a couple reasons -- starting with A. we're animals too and B. pets seem to have a special place in people's hearts, though I think of reef things as well as cats and dogs as more than a pet -- I think of them as a friend. so again, Rip Z

melusina

I read the rescue thread last night and wanted to tell you how truly sorry I am. By your actions, you've inspired more people to try to help the helpless, and Z's legacy is a shining example of the value of kindness. As someone who works in animal rescue, I keep this prayer on my wall and I thought I would share it as you were truly an answer to Z's unspoken prayers.

Prayer for Animals
Hear our humble prayer, O God, for our friends, the animals, especially for animals who are suffering; for any that are hunted or lost or deserted or frightened or hungry; for all that must be put to death. We entreat for them Thy mercy and pity, and for those who deal with them we ask a heart of compassion, and gentle hands and kindly words. Make us ourselves to be true friends to animals and so to share the blessings of the merciful.
~ Albert Sweitzer

nikkipigtails

This one is for you, Dave. Your kind spirit and giving nature is truly an inspiration to all of us. When you're feeling down, remember that, because of you, Z had a wonderful life that he would not have had in the care of anyone else. In fact, you made it possible for him to live, period. Words cannot express the loss we feel so here are a few words of encouragement from John Greenleaf Whittier.

All hearts grow warmer in the presence
Of one who, seeking not his own,
Gave freely for the love of giving,
Nor reaped for self the harvest sown.
Thy greeting smile was pledge and prelude
Of generous deeds and kindly words;
In thy large heart were fair guest-chambers,
Open to sunrise and the birds.
(or fish)