Euthanizing Fish

panmanmatt

whoa, so that knocks them out?

how cool!!! debate resolved! panman has the best solution!

Yup, it is just like anesthesia when you have surgery. I usually start with a small amount and gradually increase it over about a half hour. They just go to sleep and don't wake up.

cracker

Anything's better than gasping in the corner unable to get away waiting for the cleanup crew to move in. However that's how nature does it.

panmanmatt

Anything's better than gasping in the corner unable to get away waiting for the cleanup crew to move in. However that's how nature does it.

Yup, that's how nature does it. BUT nature doesn't have to worry about ammonia spikes and bacterial build ups as the carcass is slowly consumed and rots. This is what we have to deal with in a closed system.

BEELZEBOB

Thanks Matt, it take some people longer to catch on than others.beat_dead_horse

hey now, that seems a lil harsh.

not everyone has the same pathways of information, and i never heard of that fish comatoser before.

you could try Nitrious Oxcide, @ least they'll get the last laugh.

cracker

Yup, that's how nature does it. BUT nature doesn't have to worry about ammonia spikes and bacterial build ups as the carcass is slowly consumed and rots. This is what we have to deal with in a closed system.
Agreed ! That is why I put a fish down as painlessly for both of us. Fish goes in a small container of water then in the freezer. Now a crab gets squashed & put right back into the tank.