Elos 120XL Journey

Nervoustime

One more picture with the MH.

Techtank8-16008.jpg

Nervoustime

beautiful tank...

what fish are in it now?

Thank you!!!

Currently, the tank has been fallow for about 4 weeks now. It will remain without fish for another 6 weeks. I had a bad case of flukes in my tank, which resulted in some fish not making it. I have been treating the remaining fish in a hospital tank, and they seem to be responding well. After the 10 week period, I will reintroduce these fish back to the display tank. After that, I will be looking to add a Watanabei pair and a Chevron Tang.

Nervoustime

I love your tank. Can you tell me what you are useing for filtration other then the skimmer? I dont see anything

Thank you!!!
Basically, I have live rock, deep sand bed, and a good ATB skimmer (IMO) for the filtration. With regular water changes, the corals seem to be thriving.

Rotorgeek

That is awesome. I am planning to go bare bottom useing Marine board, and a sump with reef mud and lots of live rock with cheato.

Nervoustime

It has been a while since I updated this thread. After transferring the fish from my Oceanic Tech tank to the Elos tank, I had some issues. So, I removed all of the fish and started to treat them in a separate tank. As a result, the Elos tank has been fallow for about 9 weeks now. Some of the fish didn't make it, but the remaining fish seems to be doing well. After Thanksgiving, I plan on adding the fish back to the Elos tank. For now, the rest of the tank has been maturing very nicely. Although I am not the best with a camera, I took a few pictures. Thanks for stopping by. :)

fulltank1118003.jpg

fulltank1118006.jpg

Nervoustime

I have a few fish in the display tank now. For the past three months, the Elos was fallow, so I am very excited with the new additions. Currently, I have three of my favorites swimming around. They are as follows:

Bodianus sepiacaudus (Peppermint Hogfish)
Assessor flavissimus (Gold Australian Assessor Basslet)
Liopropoma mowbrayi (Cave Basslet) The coloration on this Basslet is fantastic!!!

12-20-09001.jpg

12-20-09010.jpg

12-20-09015.jpg

12-20-09003.jpg