Elos 120XL Journey

Nervoustime

After many months of research and longer wait, my Elos 120XL finally arrived from Italy. The tank is approximately 48" L x 31.5" W x 20" H. It equates to approximately 127 gallons. All four panels are crystal clear glass. Here is a list of the my current pieces of equipment:

Elos 120XL with left overflow
Elos custom black stand with full frame Lamborghini orange doors
Elos light brackets
Custom 1/2" acrylic sump (30"x24"x16")
48" Aqua Photon Plus fixture (2x250w MH + 6x54w T5's) (IceCap ballasts)
ATB small cone skimmer (Eheim 1260)
(2) Vortech MP40W with battery backup
Elos Osmocontroller II (For Top Off)
1/4 HP JBJ chiller
Aqua UV sterilizer
Eheim 1260 (For Return) Eheim 1262 (For Chiller & UV)

I think I got it all listed, but as needed, I will add to this list. Some of the equipment came from my 90 gallon setup. This past weekend, with a help of a fellow reefer, we started the setup. Honestly, he did majority of the work. :) For now, here are a few pictures to show the progress. We are going to continue the setup this weekend.

elostank006.jpg

elostank002.jpg

elostank004.jpg

elostank007.jpg

elostank003.jpg

elostank005.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Reza

Luukosian

Nice looking equipment, not sure I'm sold on the color of those doors but to each their own I guess.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
I'm happy to see that the tank is finally in Reza, congrats ! Love the look of the stand/light very stylish ! Can't wait to see the additions and how well that skimmer will work :D

Nervoustime

Just a quick update. After curing some Bali Alor live rock in a plastic container for about 6 weeks, I transferred the rock to the tank. It has been in the tank for two weeks now, but I am not totally set on the aquascape yet. There is around 85 lbs. of live rock in the tank.

elos6-16-09007-2.jpg

elos6-16-09005.jpg

alphasierra

Looking nice!! Love the Elos tanks and the rimless style.

Where is the chiller located? Behind the unit?

Can you please give us some more info on the power box you have inside the cabinet. I like :)