Ecotech Pump Placements

desertcelt

Looking for some advice on placing my two MP10 Vortech pumps in my 105 gal rimless. Just swapped out the drive board for a failed one in my old ES to a new OD driver.

Due to my recent aquascape change I believe I have some deadspots that are attracting some algae and cyano. Want to place the pumps for maximum coverage without creating a "windy" tank environment. Currently I have two pumps on opposite sides of the tank in a master/slave relationship, but thinking about moving both to the same side to try to get a elongated circular flow pattern that would pull detritus off the sand bed an up to the surface where it could get to the overflow.

Any suggestions on placement of these two pumps?

Thanks

DaveK

One on each end of the tank, like you have is fairly typical. You could put both on one side. This would give you a lot of flow on one side and little on the other.

Since every tank is different, circulation pump placement is a bit of trial and error. I'd tend to start with one pump on each side, one higher toward the front and the other lower toward the back.

Then move the pumps around until you get the pattern you like. BTW, there is noting stopping you from mocing the pumps every week or so to keep making the flow a bit different, or adding additional flow pumps.

Matthew Geary

Actually, every tank is different in shape and size. So, the circulation pump placement differs in every tank. I have just got the equipment from the fluval supplies. You will get some idea on it.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)