Duncan

ErikHarrison

That is a Duncan for sure, not a Dendro. I have one with six heads that I just received from a friend at a LFS.
Here are a couple with different color variants
/ Zoafrag / Store / Exotics
I feed mine mysis daily, and I can't wait till it grows out more!

DSC_0245Large.jpg

This was MINUTES after it was in the tank. It has opened up fully now, and is a gorgeous specimen!

ErikHarrison

Do you have it under bright light? Or is it a lower light coral? Right now mine is in lower light, but I would like to move it but I don't want to overexpose it!

docjal

theese are both dunkins the one on the left is an ora true dunkin from the same fish store as scubadrew the other is an Austrailian dunkin
the ORA dunkin I bought w three polyps and now 6mo later they are 8
not much feeding but lots of light
dunkins.jpg

Here's a pic of my Duncan's...

IMG_1721.jpg

There are 3 adult heads on it as well as 3 or 4 babies. I have this coral near the bottom of my tank with plenty of flow and it really seems to be doing good...eats like a pig...lol. Below is another pic of some Duncan's, When we got this frag we didn't think it was going to make it as my LFS fragged it too close to the tissue and the skeleton was basically crumbling in pieces but we used super glue gel to seal it up as best we could and now it looks like it might make a comeback as it has 1 adult head that's trying to come out of the center and 2 babies on either side as well as 2 more babies starting to form on the opposite side...

IMG_1722.jpg

tbittner

We have a bigger one with two HUGE heads and another smaller frag. My wife loves it. It reminds her of a palm tree swaying in the breeze. Very beautiful coral.

funkpolice

This thread has inspired an all day internet adventure for me. I think I'm going to try a dendro, or a sclero. Wish me luck.
bill

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Duncans come from deep water and although photosynthetic light alone will not provide enough energy, they need to be fed regularly, the good thing is they are very hardy and if fed they will grow quickly ! Here's mine it has doubled in size in 2.5 months:

180_8008.jpg

Coralreef

Yes feed them and they will grow. The more food the faster they grow. The more light the better the color. They Grow very fast so the price will be going down fast I have a few that were going into my aquaculture tank but I don’t think the price will hold so I’m not wasting the space. They get to stay in the tank in my den because my girlfriend likes them. I paid $10 a head and think they will be at that or lower within a year or so.

skipjack

I bought a two head piece on ebay of all places for 9.99... in late June. I had no problems. It is now starting it grow 3 new heads. I also bought 3 great pieces of acans ,also 9.99. I've never seen souch wounderfull color. They also are growing new heads. Local shops in Pa are now selling Duncan's for 40-50 dollars a head ...acan colonies $300-$500.00

DML08

here is a pic of mine.. this thing is stupid big.. bigger then a softball and well over 100 heads..
tank011-2.jpg