Down Sizing

aqualady

I am going to be selling by 90 gallon set-up with all equipment, and down-sizing to a RSM. I am finding that the work involved with the 90 gallon is taking the fun out of it. Any advice about the switch over. It will be a few months befor I have the $ to buy the RSM, but I am really excited! :woohoo:

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hi aqualady! I'd recommend the 130D if you can afford it. The 130 is still available at a lower cost, and could be upgraded with some of the changes (but not all) that they made in making the 130D model. Both are good tanks though. The 130 models still will take maintenance, but easier than a 90g for water changes, etc. :)

jjohnson3

Do you have a skimmer on that 90? I might be interested if its nice/good condition/right price. I really need one!

aqualady

It has an Aqua C Urchin skimmer W/sump & overflpw box, currant Compact lighting, 2 Maxi-jet 1200's, a power center/timer/wavemaker, 1 large powder blue tang, a very large black damsel, 1 black/white stripe damsel, 1 tomatoe clown. I'm asking $600.00. I have a buyer, but if she changes her mind, I'll let you know?

aqualady

Hi All, It's been a long time! I sold my 90 gal set-up to a local guy! sadly I only got $250.00 for everything, but I know it all went to a good home. I bought a new JBJ 28 Gal nano cube instead. So far I LOVE IT! It's simple and beautiful. SOOO much easier to care for than the 90 gal! I kept my two clowns, a royal gramma and a yellow tang
(don't worry, he is small and has not grown bigger in 3 years). I just ordered the optional protein skimmer for the system and a tap water filter as I still see some green (hair?) algae on the rocks. Hope that takes care of it. It's been a real battle. I have scrubbed them twice. Well, I'll send some pics at some point. Any advice from other Nano owners?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Congrats on your new tank... my only advice would be do weekly water changes, they are quick and easy with a nano tank :)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Good luck on the JBJ 28 - also a very nice tank and JBJ quality is good. I have a little 6G JBJ and am very pleased with it. If you had a 90 then you're already familiar with maintenance - this time it's just on a much smaller (and easier) scale! :)