Does your skimmer pump ever get stuck?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
giving up on the skimmer

That makes sense. At least you haven't given up on the tank. The 250 really is a good looking tank. The weakest point seems to be the skimmer - that was always the weakest point with the 130. You would have thought that Red Sea would have totally revamped their skimmer design ideas, and would have concentrated on making such an important part of the tank work the way it should. Maybe the original prototypes worked well, and when they went to mass production the quality was lost.

RaysReef

Has been struck by the ban stick
I must admit that is the only problem with the tank. I cleaned mine thoroughly today and I still love the design. I had the fans out and light cover (condensation tray) off and cleaned them too - it still looks brand new. If they get this fixed we're all going to be really happy.

Terry, I've spoke with Red Sea and you are right - the prototypes were tested for two years with excellent results so maybe the quality was lost in mass production. We might be talking just a fraction of a millimetre. When they get this fixed it will be great...