Do I have to Much Flow or what?

fellers

I have the RSM250 with the normal 600gph and 300gph. I have a Vortech mp20 on the right side of tank as well as a koralia evolution 750. The koralia blows behind my rockscape and my vortech is in the front of the rock scape mid way up the tank. See pictures. Is this ok or should I rearrange them for a different flow? To much flow?
Appreciate any help I can get.
I run my vortech on reef crest mode at full power.
I added the koralia last night and this is the first day my big toadstool has not opened, as of yet. I def cannot move it either without redoing the rockscape.
FTS
SWTankRSM250001.jpg
[/IMG]
2 pumps locations
SWTankRSM250002.jpg
[/IMG]
Side shot to show pumps exact locale
SWTankRSM250004.jpg
[/IMG]

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I wouldn't change anything just yet, the toadstool is probably just pouting cause of the new change, give it a few days to adjust.

mettjl03

Looks fine to me... Just watch it for a couple of days because you might have to adjust it depending on what corals you put in the tank. I like putting my powerheads on opposite sides of the tank. The cross flow works best for me!

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I wouldn't be surprised if the toadstool shed of a little skin as they do from time to time.

fellers

Looks fine to me... Just watch it for a couple of days because you might have to adjust it depending on what corals you put in the tank. I like putting my powerheads on opposite sides of the tank. The cross flow works best for me!

I could switch the vortech to the opposite side but not the koralia. Plug exits the chiller attachment opening.
I guess I should wait and see.
I have torch, frogspawn, green mushrooms, orange ricordea yuma, brain, gorgonian, goniopora, galaxia,few colonies of zoos, hammer coral, tubestrea, toad stools (2) little and BIG, small piece of chalice, green star polyps, a medium crocea clam, and a few feather dusters.

mettjl03

Id wait it out first for sure... Just thought Id give you another idea of where you could put them. Good luck!

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Yeah toadstools can really throw a fit when aggravated :D so if it does this it's nothing to worry about.

I'm willing to bet it will open up in a few days, i used to keep mine directly infront of the return from sump it didn't mind it.

GrendelPrime

i been trying to get a bluethroat for over a yr and cant find them anywhere..petco had 1 about a month ago but when i asked if he was eating the lady said she didnt know and tried to feed him gold fish..gaaaaa so i said thats ok and left

fellers

i been trying to get a bluethroat for over a yr and cant find them anywhere..petco had 1 about a month ago but when i asked if he was eating the lady said she didnt know and tried to feed him gold fish..gaaaaa so i said thats ok and left
LOL, goldfish??? i would of left to. Saltwaterfish.com has them in now. My male and female are gentle great healthy smart fish. They recognize thier owner with time. Mine did not eat for about 2 days when I introduced him to the DT.
Great fish to watch. The male is king of the castle now for sure. But bothers nothing ever. Chases the female a bit, but what male doesn't chase tail here and there... lol

Frankie

RS STAFF
I always love to read Grendel's responses LOL!
Keep in mind, LPS corals and softies are not needing or like lots of flow. I suggest turing off all power heads that do not pertain to surface agitation and wait a few days to see what happens. In nature these corals are low in the reef and do not receive high flow like SPS that live in the upper shallow reef. They depend on suspended waters for nutrients to feed on. If the flow is to strong they start to starve and withdraw into themselves.
From the pictures you have way to may pumps pushing the flow for the corals you keep. Cut it back a bit and observe. Just be sure to keep the surface is agitated for oxygen exchange.

fellers

I always love to read Grendel's responses LOL!
Keep in mind, LPS corals and softies are not needing or like lots of flow. I suggest turing off all power heads that do not pertain to surface agitation and wait a few days to see what happens. In nature these corals are low in the reef and do not receive high flow like SPS that live in the upper shallow reef. They depend on suspended waters for nutrients to feed on. If the flow is to strong they start to starve and withdraw into themselves.
From the pictures you have way to may pumps pushing the flow for the corals you keep. Cut it back a bit and observe. Just be sure to keep the surface is agitated for oxygen exchange.

Roger That...