DIY Moonlight Kit

Snelly40

I am interested, however i was wondering if you thought it would work with my tank. i Have a 24 gallon nanocube, however i have taken the lid off and just use a piece of glass to cover the aquarium, where would i be able to mount the led's?
id love to get some moonlights
-jason

Fishez

Snelly40 said:
I am interested, however i was wondering if you thought it would work with my tank. i Have a 24 gallon nanocube, however i have taken the lid off and just use a piece of glass to cover the aquarium, where would i be able to mount the led's?
id love to get some moonlights
-jason

PMed you.

Frankie

RS STAFF
The price is great but theres one problem. Moon light is reflected white sun light not blue. After i built the same set up (and not as good a price as yours i must say) i got into a chat with Dr. Sanjay Joshie and he set me straight. I have since corrected the problem and now have white led's and it looks just like moon light.

Fishez

FFrankie said:
The price is great but theres one problem. Moon light is reflected white sun light not blue. After i built the same set up (and not as good a price as yours i must say) i got into a chat with Dr. Sanjay Joshie and he set me straight. I have since corrected the problem and now have white led's and it looks just like moon light.

Natural moonlights wavelenght is right around 470nm, The LEDs I sell are 470nm blue LEDs, White LEDs will not be anywhere near that wavelenght. If you like white then that will work great or if you like blue then that will work great, Its not a problem either way.

Frankie

RS STAFF
I have them on a dimmer. there 570 NM. under that set up i have seen my coral spawn and a toad stool grow babys under it.

billyr98

Very interesting topic guys... Frankie do you have any info around for building a DIY moonlight that is white...

Gina

RS STAFF
Billy,
That's the exact site we have book marked and used.
The lights we're fairly easy to set up just a little time consumming.
But, it works great.

Fishez

FFrankie said:
Its the same as the blue billy. Just use white LED's instead of blue. There was a link i had for building them i'll hunt it down for you. Hold on.......... here! :)
http://www.kaotica.com/frag/diy/moonlight/
Its still the first on in google!

Um If you dont mind I would apreciate it if you could keep your links to other peoples DIY moonlights out of my for sale thread. Thanks

Now to hijack my thread back...

If anyone else is interested just let me know $14 Shipped.