DIY Beckett Skimmer

Frankie

RS STAFF
From what i am reading smaller Beckett skimmers don't do so well on small systems. You still need a large pump to drive the Beckett. I am looking into the Dart needle wheel pumps and designing a new skimmer for the 120.

Frankie

RS STAFF
I never finished this thread. I just hooked it up last night and this is what i found this morning.
000_2507_editedMedium.jpg

000_2513_editedMedium.jpg

000_2514_editedMedium.jpg

000_2515_editedMedium.jpg

000_2516_editedMedium.jpg

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
From what i am reading smaller Beckett skimmers don't do so well on small systems. You still need a large pump to drive the Beckett. I am looking into the Dart needle wheel pumps and designing a new skimmer for the 120.

Very good choice in pump

framerguy

Frankie, I've got a Little Giant that pumps 1300gph for the skimmer. Do you think that would run two beckett injectors? I had thought it would only run one so that's how I am building mine but I bought two injectors just in case. Should I add the second one?

framerguy

After looking at yours in your chronicle it looks like you have one pump. I can't see the separation point though, is it just a "T" that goes to both hoses? I have a 2500 gph Sequence Snapper pump I could use that would surely run both becketts. would I need to throttle back on that pump?

Frankie

RS STAFF
I am using a Reeflo Marlin on the whole system. I built a manifold. One pump to run everything. This works great on the 120 with this skimmer. When i upgrade to the 300 though i will need a bigger pump. I am sending about 1050 gph now to the skimmer. I am told the Marlin is perfect for just the skimmer. I hate LJ pumps. Noisy and you need to oil them every few months. I just returned one I bought for the chiller before i built the manifold. If i were to recommend anything i would say go with a large Reeflo pump and build a manifold.

framerguy

Thanks Frankie. I had already decided to put both injectors on the skimmer and your answer made me feel better about that. Thanks for answering. I spent tonight building new housings for the Becketts. I wasn't happy with my first ones.

Frankie

RS STAFF
NP Greg. If you look in my tank thread, the last picture shows how i connected the two lines. It go's in this order,
manifold-ball valve-union-1"T-2x1" 90's-Spa Flex-Beckett's. Hope that helps.

JWarren

Spa FLEX PIPE , Available in 1/2", 3/4", 1", 1.5", and 2". 50' roll. This product is for roll purchase only. this is a rated schedule 40 pipe and uses the same fittings as rigid schedule 40 pipe. Do not use purple primer when plumbing.. use clear cleaner and a glue rated for flex pipe such as Pool Tite or Rain and shine.

Frankie,

did use pool tite or rain and shine glue or did you just use regular clear PVC cement.

JWarren

Roger that, I just pasted that from a web site I was already at. They just happened to have it listed and it got me curious about the glue after reading it.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Thanks for checking it out Deb :)
The new lights came yesterday. They made a major difference with the ATI's. Thanks for all the help :)