DIY Beckett Skimmer

Frankie

RS STAFF
Update:
I am modifying my Beckett's for better production today. I will update this thread with pictures tonight after I am done.

Frankie

RS STAFF
I finished sooner then I thought :)
What I did was modify the Beckett injectors by reducing the hole size. This has been an ongoing idea on other forums but I have yet to try it until now. Here are the results.
001.jpg

003.jpg

008.jpg

Smaller bubbles!
006.jpg

Smaller bubbles means more bubbles per square inch. More bubbles means more surface area for nutrients to attach to thus going me a better export of nutrients.
Here you can see in the main chamber the bubbles are so small it looks like milk:
007.jpg

005.jpg

This is what I got 5 minutes after turning on the skimmer.
010.jpg

009.jpg

I will post more pictures as the day progresses and the skimmer breaks in. I am curious how it will look like by the evening.

Yasser

That is an AMAZING job.. you dwarfed my DIY skimmer ;-). now I will not be able to post it.. hahaha..
No really, beautiful workmanship.. I will scrap mine and build another on..

rgfast

Frankie,bringing your thread back to life. I'm looking to build one myself and wonderring best place to buy the beckets and where did you buy the arcylic tubing? I've sources for this but pretty pricie

onebigbear

Hi Frankie
I have read your skimmer build and if I can ask you some questions?
Your flange dimensions, to start with. Another I am starting a new project
and the skimmer you built will be me first project in the build. Then on to a 250 + gal. acrylic tank size 48” x 36” x 27, or 60” x 30” x 27” ??. A stand and then a Frag tank 60” x 30” x 18” ?? . stand and a sump 55 or 75 gal. this will take some time. I was hoping that I could ask you for some help in the fabrication.
How to hear from you regarding my build.
Low