DianaKay's RSM 250

Oxylebius

Yeah, if you have a couple of nudibranchs and you maintain good tank conditions, they will reproduce. You need to go looking for eggs if they are nudibranchs that you don't want. If they are ones you do want, then your in luck.
Here are several studies:
http://www.asnailsodyssey.com/LEARNABOUT/NUDIBRANCH/nudiEgg.php
http://www.asnailsodyssey.com/LEARNABOUT/NUDIBRANCH/nudiHatc.php
http://www.asnailsodyssey.com/LEARNABOUT/NUDIBRANCH/nudiFood.php
http://www.asnailsodyssey.com/LEARNABOUT/NUDIBRANCH/nudiEcol.php
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2004/10/inverts
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2004/12/inverts

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Looking forward to seeing a picture of the new addition.
I think it may be a long time before I get him to go in a place to get a decent picture. At least I can see where he is today. He is cleaning off a place on my glass that I can't scrape & it has tough green micro-dot algae on it...clean it off like magic, he did!! :D
image.jpg
He looks like a HUMONGOUS SNAIL from the bottom. :biggrin:
I read that they can move rocks that weigh TWENTY POUNDS :eeknew:
So last night I dreamed that he tumbled my rockscape & broke my glass tank....it was a very scary dream!! YIKES, I hope that doesn't happen!!:outtahere:

DaveR11

I think it may be a long time before I get him to go in a place to get a decent picture. At least I can see where he is today. He is cleaning off a place on my glass that I can't scrape & it has tough green micro-dot algae on it...clean it off like magic, he did!! :D
View attachment 44001
He looks like a HUMONGOUS SNAIL from the bottom. :biggrin:
I read that they can move rocks that weigh TWENTY POUNDS :eeknew:
So last night I dreamed that he tumbled my rockscape & broke my glass tank....it was a very scary dream!! YIKES, I hope that doesn't happen!!:outtahere:

How big is he?

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Nice pictures !!!

Your fish do not try to take the food from the scoly ?

Cheers
Daniel
No, the cleaner shrimp would, but I give her a piece of krill before I give the Scoly's their share. The shrimp takes the food & dashes behind the rockscape. :D It works!
I only feed Scolys once a week. :)

Danreef

No, the cleaner shrimp would, but I give her a piece of krill before I give the Scoly's their share. The shrimp takes the food & dashes behind the rockscape. :D It works!
I only feed Scolys once a week. :)
Jajaja.....you are lucky.

I only have a coral that I feed once in a while (like once per month) and I have to stay with a wood stick stopping the fish to take his food. Last time I had to stay 15' because the piece of shrimp was a little big. I normally give the guy small rounded bottom feeder pellets that takes a few minutes.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Tank update 10-11-15
I have come to the unfortunate conclusion that
:wah: NOTHING EATS BRYOPSIS :wah:
I L:heart:VE my new Urchin (Waldo) and my new Abalone (Stomie) Do not regret getting them :smile:

The Crispata Sea Slugs have all disappeared, don't really know if they got ate by corals or if they just melted away :dunno: I would not recommend to anyone to get any of them. Pretty creatures but they don't seem to last long enough to do any good against Bryopsis. :(

Now, I am just trying to not feel completely defeated by this evil aggressive algae. I know that I have enough Kent Tech-M on hand to raise my Mg level high enough to kill it. But I HATE testing my MG level...2 different test kits for it & I hate both of them. :mad: :confused:

I have had a BRS media reactor for a long time...getting it out of the packaging today.
I'm going to try lowering phosphate as my next line of defense. I'd rather try to stave out the bryopsis than take a chance of crashing my tank with too high MG.

Not giving up until my tank turns bryopsis green...hope that doesn't happen!!

Nice to see another update, Diana. Don't give up... We're sure you could get thru this tough period.

I've had my fair share of ugly tank algae period but with perseverance it all turned out good... Even though it was just a fw tank for me [emoji16]

You've got a nice tank and look forward to seeing all clear of algae again [emoji106] [emoji122] [emoji6]

Sent from my Xperia Z3

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Nice to see another update, Diana. Don't give up... We're sure you could get thru this tough period.

I've had my fair share of ugly tank algae period but with perseverance it all turned out good... Even though it was just a fw tank for me [emoji16]

You've got a nice tank and look forward to seeing all clear of algae again [emoji106] [emoji122] [emoji6]

Sent from my Xperia Z3

Thanks for the nice vote of confidence & your encouragement :thumber2:
I have hope but at the same time I feel like I'm on a sinking ship :titanic:
I've seen HORRIBLE pictures of tanks that have been taken completely over by Bryopsis :eeknew:
I wish there was an easy to use Magnesium test. There's not :blue: I don't want to kill my fish & corals with lethal mg levels.
I've been plucking & siphoning that awful stuff every week when I do my WC's and it is only starting to get worse. :(
It's still pretty & I'm still trying for now.

Danreef

Thanks for the nice vote of confidence & your encouragement :thumber2:
I have hope but at the same time I feel like I'm on a sinking ship :titanic:
I've seen HORRIBLE pictures of tanks that have been taken completely over by Bryopsis :eeknew:
I wish there was an easy to use Magnesium test. There's not :blue: I don't want to kill my fish & corals with lethal mg levels.
I've been plucking & siphoning that awful stuff every week when I do my WC's and it is only starting to get worse. :(
It's still pretty & I'm still trying for now.

Diana....you will win the battle. At Boston Reefer Society there was a tank with an incredible amount of Bryopsis. Yours is nothing compared with that one. The guy tried as you everything and at the end he won the battle with the Mg levels. I know that those Mg kits are a pain in the neck, that's way I measure Mg once in a while. But just do not think on it, do the measurements every afternoon and win the battle.

Best !!
Daniel

BTW, the guy's tank was full of SPS and LPS and to my recall he didn't lost any coral.

Last edited: