Dentoid's Reeforama

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Thanks Doni! The temptation is to keep stocking, but I feel like my water chemistry is just not there for a tank this new.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
The water isn't bad. Just keep cleaning out the ditritus and doing water changes to get the trAtes down. It shouldn't take long at all. Soon you'll have it fully stocked and looking for an upgrade! LOL~

bluespotjawfish

Regarding your calcium, make sure you check your magnesium level. Also, I would think the filter floss would HELP clean stuff out of the tank -- as long as you are consistent at cleaning it! Also carbon will help if you aren't already using that. Patience is the key, and we all have plenty of that - right?

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Bluespot'-Thanks for reminding me of the patience factor. It's so easy to overstock in the beginning because of the excitment level in this hobby. I am taking your advide and that of others. (Note to self-take it slow, patience, patience, patience.)

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Woo hoo! I'm seeing little coraline algae growths on my back glass. The foxface has darn near mowed down all the caulerpa. He's so fat in the waist that I fear he doesn't feel well, but he keeps eating! My torch coral has become my favorite. When its fully open it looks like an anemone-without all the trouble. My gorgonian is either receeding at the foot or something is picking at it. It has done very well. In fact it began to grow over the super glue blob that is holding it. But now it's receeding and wont open all the way. Something is not to its liking. Here is a picture.

P1010018.jpg

Going to do a water change this weekend-perhaps that will help. Happy reefing!

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I had an emerald crab (quickly was banned) that would munch on the bottom of my gorgonian. Keep an eye out for crabs...

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Here are a couple of recent pictures.

P1010019.jpg

Fox Face Smiling!

P1010016.jpg

Fox Face Serious.

P1010024.jpg

Just like this photo of the Long Nose Hawk.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Beautiful fish! Great pics. How is the foxface behaving? I've heard they sometimes peck on corals.

lcstorc

Great pics! Thanks for sharing but I want more. Whal else do you have in the tank? How bouht a full tank shot?
Sorry I am out of town on business so the more pics I see the less homesick I am for my reef. :)

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Beautiful fish! Great pics. How is the foxface behaving? I've heard they sometimes peck on corals.

I haven't noticed any picking on the coral. But he sure has munched the caulerpa! I'll keep an eye on him. He also loves live brine shrimp.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Great pics! Thanks for sharing but I want more. Whal else do you have in the tank? How bouht a full tank shot?
Sorry I am out of town on business so the more pics I see the less homesick I am for my reef. :)

I was wondering how you were doing away from your reef. I will get a full tank shot and post.

lcstorc

You are so nice. It is amazing how much I miss the reef. I have always missed my husband and other animals but it was actually suprising to me how much I miss my fish and corals. That is the first update I ask for when I call home at night of course half of that is to see if he added anyting withought investigation once again. I keep hoping he has learned but am not counting on it. :)