David's RSM 130D

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Shaw

Re: My RSM 130D

Dave, how do you keep your back wall so clean? I have just tried the stick to get rid of a wall of caked on green algae, and it has helped but there are so many obstacles, ie rock or skimmer cups lol

I have the rock about an 1 - 2 inches from the back glass, that way i can get the stick back there to scrape the back wall. Between my stick and an algae pad, i can access all areas :)

clka

I have the rock about an 1 - 2 inches from the back glass, that way i can get the stick back there to scrape the back wall. Between my stick and an algae pad, i can access all areas :)

Thanks for mentioning that, I've been wondering how far off the back wall to set the rock. I have it pretty much against the wall in the BC - never again, so frustrating!

I hate that all the cleaners I find are angled so much. I want to find a stick in the U.S. :mad: Stomping my feet and having a hissy fit.

Cheryl

screemer

Dave, do you find the Maxijet 1200's better than stock pumps, apart from there flow rate? Are they quiet etc etc? Also, do they come with the right plug for the power unit, or do you need to convert?

David Shaw

The maxi jets are silent. If you want to use them via the control switches you need to buy 3 to 2 pin adapters. I got mine for £1 each from Amazon. I used them for the 2 x pumps and 1 x heater. That way it means i can use the switches to turn them on and off and also keep the clean look one plug look of the RSM.

David Shaw

Thanks for mentioning that, I've been wondering how far off the back wall to set the rock. I have it pretty much against the wall in the BC - never again, so frustrating!

I hate that all the cleaners I find are angled so much. I want to find a stick in the U.S. :mad: Stomping my feet and having a hissy fit.

Cheryl

Cheryl

The stick i have is great. Seems weird that you can't get them in the US.

If you want me to buy one this end and ship it to you in the US then let me know, its no problem.

clka

Cheryl

The stick i have is great. Seems weird that you can't get them in the US.

If you want me to buy one this end and ship it to you in the US then let me know, its no problem.

I will keep that in mind, thank you very much. I wonder if you might still have the box with any contact info such as email for them?

Cheryl

clka

David,

I found one from a U.K. ebay-er that ships worldwide....Hooray!

:woohoo:

Cheryl

And thank you so much for the offer!

David Shaw

Fantastic!

I am glad you posted that, as i know Tammy, Terry and a few others in the US were looking for suppliers.

I love mine!

clka

Oh dear, I hope this doesn't mean I have to keep up to your cleaning standards :eek:lsmile:

Cheryl

screemer

Dave, do u find that with the 2 maxi jets you have more problems with your water level in the rear? i presume you would because of the added flow?

David Shaw

If i keep the media cleaned, the floss replaced and the in tank water gate so it is just touching the surface of the water i can usually keep it to the max or i notch below the max.

To be honest, that is enough, even if it dips to 2 notches below the max level, as long as the skimmer is adjusted to the right water level.

The only problem would be if it dropped too low so it fell below the level of the pump intake nozzles.

kyley

Hey David, nice photos a couple pages back - tank's looking great! Take care,
--Kyle

David Shaw

Well did my water change and tank clean today, 2nd week at 25% as suggested. Guess what, another dead fish. Saw a shrimp dragging off what little was left under a rock.

I am now down to just 1 x clown and the CUC.

Totally at a loss as to why, the tank is clean and well maintained, filter media is new as well as new lights and the corals doing really well.

Am stumped and disappointed in it all.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Hi David. Sorry about yet another fish - which one was it? A lot of us seem to be disappointed recently. Loss of fish, loss of corals, and in a lot of cases no explanation for the losses. Some of us, including me, seem to have ill Torch corals, as well as others with different kinds of corals affected. Fish losses - some to disease, some for no obvious reason. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.