David's RSM 130D

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Shaw

Regal Times

Thanks Tammy

Still no news really. He is still alive, but just lying on his side in the rear of the tank on a rock.

When i went to have a look and polish the glass and wipe the unit down he did a little swim for a few seconds but returned to the rock.

To be honest i expected to wake to him having croaked in the night but he is still here.

I guess it's just a matter of time now really.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Re: My RSM 130D

thfwp-smiley-09.gif
Still hoping for a recovery.

David Shaw

Thanks Terry, i will leave him be and see if he perks up.

The fire shrimp and narcissus snails are keeping an eye open too!

Dweezil

Do you have a quarantine tank that maybe you could put him in or do you think that would push him over the edge?

David Shaw

Tammy, i dont have a QT tank, and if i did, trying to get him out would be the final straw i reckon.

I think the best plan is to leave him be and see what happens. I have had him about 8 years too.

David Shaw

Quick Howard the Regal update (i hope i ain't boring you all with this, if i am speak up i am not easily offended).

He's still hanging on by a thread but getting worse. I came home from work today and expected to see the narcissus snails in action. I reckon another day or so at most.

I re-discovered an old Tunze Nano stream thingy i had forgotten all about, so i placed that at the back of the tank pointing downish and disguised it with the rocks (yes, a mini re-aquascape :) )

I have quite a bit of rock leaning on the rear wall now after the strip down so was worried about flow back there. Twas like a dust storm when i turned it on, lots of debris got flushed.

Water is clearing up now so i guess it was worth putting it in for added circulation and to get to those dead spots.

I even put live rock over the cable leading intothe tank so it can't be seen.

My OCD is getting worse :help:

Dweezil

David ~ I am NEVER board with updates..especially when it comes to the health of our animals. Please keep updating.

I can't believe you of all people have rocks up against the back wall?! How ever will you be able to clean? haha

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

That poor Regal is still hanging on - maybe that's a good sign he's a fighter and may pull through.

You know we all now want to see pictures of the mini-rescape, and how you hid the cord! Can you clean off any "unsightlies" that may grow behind the cord & rock? Heck - you might get a spot of coralline back there! :)

David Shaw

LOL That sooooooooooo did cross my mind. I like the way it looks now as well!

At the minute, i am cleaning and scrubbing all sides and surfaces on view - and around the bits at the back glass, does behind a rock and hidden count as being ok?

If i see coralline on the rear wall that i can't get to i will have to re-evaluate i guess :cool:

Chimo192

Hi David, glad your Regal is still hanging on.

Silly question should rocks not touch the back wall? Is having coralline on the back wall a big no no. My live sand should be here tomorrow so I will be revamping my tank

David Shaw

Hey Chimo

How are things with the tank going? Are you still click free? I so hope you are off to a new and click free start!

It's down all to personal taste, most like coralline on the back wall/s. I tend to go for the squeaky clean look. Most people i know stack their rock againt the back wall. I have always avoided this so i can get to it to keep it clean.

After my re-scape nightmare i ended up with quite a bit of the rock now against the back glass. I know this is the norm but i am now thinking of seeing if i can pull it all forwards so its clear once more :)

Terry and Tammy have got me thinking again now, bah!

And they say tanks are relaxing :eek:verhere:

Dweezil

David ~ I need you at my house ASAP! I just had a look down the back chamber of my tank and wow it needs cleaned bad. There is a lot of gunk back there in the bottom. I need to take the skimmer and media rack out and clean back there really well.

I need to find some sort of pump or siphon that I can use. The one I use in the main tank won't cut it because I can't bend the hose long enough to get the water started downward.....I surely am not putting my mouth on the end of it!

Chimo192

Hi

I am 7 nights click free :woohoo: Still keeping an eye and ear out for anything.

Right now I have that green hard algae building up on my back wall and I use a razor to get it off. Will this evertually go away? I have 15 lbs of live sand coming so I was thinking of taking everything out so I can spread it, also I have rocks that my feather dusters attached themselves to and don't want to bury them.

I decided to rebuild my tank slowly. So yesterday I drove 3 hrs to the city and picked up a Green Flower Pot Coral. I was thinking of doing this trip every 2 weeks. I lost nothing in my crashing of my tank. So now I have to decide what fish I would like to get.

I will eventually get my beautiful tank back

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Tammy - I'm surprised that you don't have a siphon with a bulb on the outlet end that you squeeze to start it? I got one on Ebay but a lot of online LFS sell something similar, or just the squeeze ball.
I have a couple of these - the end has a one way valve - just squeeze once or twice & it starts:

Self Start Siphon

Dweezil

I have been looking for one Terry but have been unable to find a decent one.
They have one on Amazon doesn't get good reviews though.

Dweezil

I may just have to buy that Eddie thanks.....this is why I
heart-2.gif
you

It's on back order but I can wait :)

Status
Not open for further replies.