David's RSM 130D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimo192

Re: My RSM 130D

Hummm I am confused now, I have had 10 fish just disappear and a bubble tip Anemone. I also have 2 cleaner shrimps and a pepermint shrimp that have not been attacked. I have the clicking, countless empty hermit shells but it can't be a mantis?

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick

Chimo192 - I'm not saying that it isn't a Mantis, it's just that I was told that if I still had my peps it wouldn't be. I also have hermits that haven't been touched. I don't know if this is true or not. Keep in mind that there are always conflicting opinions out there so my LFS could be wrong, but I hope like crazy that they're not.

Sorry for hitchiking your thread David.

Dweezil

Chimo ~ You've lost way too much live stock for it not to be a Mantis IMO.
If I were you and was loosing that much live stock, I think I might just rty the soda water thing. Fish are way too expensive to keep replacing them. Maybe you could put what's left in your 10 gallon for a while then dip the rocks in the soda water.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Tammy - I think the soda water was suggested by someone else in Chimo's mantis thread. It is a last option I guess, if she wants to lose the corals and go through cycling the tank again. Tough decision. If only we knew if the mantis has a rock it lives in then it would be so much easier. I'm not even sure if all of the mantis types are tunnelers, or if some travel around. Then again I've seen some posts saying that the clicking comes from the mantis doing its "rock blasting" during tunneling. Right now all I know for sure is that I don't know a lot about mantis shrimps!

Leigh - based on the time I doubt David is awake to know that we hijacked his thread LOL!

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick

+1 to what Tammy said. If I was losing that much livestock I would have to do something about it. I hope you get it sorted really soon and let us know how you get on.

Terry - yeah, forgot about the time difference. It's lunch time over here.

redsea reefer

Kudos to David, what a guy...

Chimo - Im sure you've got some great help so Im just gonna say good luck getting it out.

David Shaw

Thanks for helping Chimo out everyone. It's good to rally around and have some support when things get that bad for someone.

Terry helped me out when i had an issue with clicking and stripping the tank down, but then he kept sending me links and pics to bristle worms and evil mantis shrimps. I tried to :rocket: him, but i missed ..... he runs like the wind when he has too :)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Stop it David or I'll pop in a link to that fish tongue eating parasite that'll really get to you! :)

David Shaw

Thats what the community is for. I am sure i can speak for everyone and say that we are all relieved that you got the thing out of your tank.

Now enjoy the cleaning and re-scaping to make it even better than it was before.

I love a clean tank, just in case there was any doubt about my OCD cleaning routine :)

David Shaw

I just had a thought...

I have 1 x MaxiJet 1200 pump with a Hydro flow attached, and one stock pump with the stock nozzle attached.

Is it a good idea to get a second maxijet 1200 and put a Hydro Flow on it or will the flow overall be too high? Also would it affect the water levels in the rear too much? As the Hydro Flow decreases flow somewhat, i wondered if this was a viable mod option?

Just a thought... any opinions gratefully received.

redsea reefer

Won't know till you try but I think using 2 hydor flo's won't be enough output flow for the tank or good for filtration.

David Shaw

Ahhh ok. I thought that might be the case.

I will stick to my current set up then. The MaxiJet 1200 with Hydro flo attached and the other stock pump with the stock nozzle attached.

That will save me some £££

Stody0

David

If you decide to buy another maxijet and hydro flow and it is too much and lowers the water level in the back and you decide you dont want them, let me know and I will buy them off you, if you have no other use for them that is.

Al

David Shaw

Thanks Al

I am worried now the back water levels and flow will be too great. Perhaps i should keep it as it is...

Stody0

yeah mate, no worries, I go to Seattle on Saturday anyway for 4 weeks or so, if you decide to get them and they dont work out let me know. If you dont its not a problem I will buy them when I get back as i intend to change one of my pumps.

Cheers

Al

Chimo192

Hi gang,

I am offically done, found another while I was waiting for the cloud to come down. Same as the 1 i found yesterday. Everything back into the tank. Some corals opening up. If I hear 1 more click that's it.

Now just to watch my water daily, do changes when I need to. I am literally exhausted. Going to sit back and have a coffee, dogs are fed, tank is done, doing nothing for the rest of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.