Dave's RSM 500

Wolffman64

Mate, just caught up with your thread. Really sorry to hear about your problems, really weird! Wonder what it could have been.....

Good to hear that you and the tank are on the mend. Love the new scape :geekin:

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Wow love the scape mate! :) Looks really awesome and plenty of room for all kinds of things :yup: any thoughts on what you're going to be restocking the tank with?

David Shaw

Thanks so much.

I intend to re-stock with Angel's and get some wreck fish too. I will also buy some small pieces of soft corals to add over time. Will go slowly and add as when i can afford to re-stock.

Good news is that corals are all opening and the tank is looking back to normal at last!

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Very BEAUTIFUL!!
Always love seeing your updates, they always make me wish I could keep my tank looking cleaner.
Do I see THREE? Or FOUR? Figi Yellow Leathers in there?? If so, did you frag one to get additional ones?
They look pretty...mine is growing & I'm thinking I need to figure out what I'm going to do when it outgrows it's space in my tank. I already had to move a trumpet to give the Yellow more room.

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Tanks looking fantastic David. Like Di I always feel I need to get the Hoover out and clean my sand when I look at your pics. :)

David Shaw

Thank you everyone!

I have added 3 yellow leathers, i already had one. I also added a large rock covered in pulsing Xenia's. My tank is all soft corals now as those are my favourites. As you can all see, i have done some re-scaping :)

I am on a mission to get you all cleaning :)

Tank looks great!!! Got some good inspiration from it! i Cant wait to start transferring my old tank into the new! Have you ever had any issues with your circulation pumps? I found that one of the pumps is putting out about half the flow as apposed to the other two...

David Shaw

The pumps have the option to have greater or lesser flow. Check the pump to make sure the nozzle is set to all the way open.

The only issue i have had is when the pumps quit working a couple of times. Turned out it was build up on the impeller. I now soak my pumps every 6 moths or so in ascetic acid to remove build up. Since doing that i have have had no issues with them quitting.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Saw activity on your thread & came here expecting to see a new picture or two...
Good nfo above but where's the new pictures :fishy: