Dans pearl white RSM250 finally

ho02ody

f73eb8f8.jpg

Here is my arch enemy (megatron)I've had him for a while too and he's huuuuge I do like having him in there but if a fish is feeling off he instantly picks up on it and goes in for the kill, he's never bothered my clowns but man has he had some expensive meals! I'll keep him till he dies then I won't get another as when you do have a recovering fish it stands no chance to this brute! I've seen him fall off the top of the rocks before and grab a regal tang as it fell which I had to rescue if not it woulda been another nice meal!!
9de888b3.jpg

There you go to compare, and I have extremely long fingers!!!!

ho02ody

986fb0f7.jpg

Here are a couple of tiny monti's on a tony frag rack called a stegosaurus rack hahaha perfect for these guys to see how they go though.
498e7dfa.jpg

My large mushroom which has been with me also since the start it was tiny and now look at it, it's a hardy guy and has suffered a lot of ups and downs and still here
c27994a9.jpg

My bubble tip anemone which is huge and unfortunately it's perfect spot that it likes does not face the front of the tank, but the larger clown hosts in him happily
Also the other coral I'm unsure of perhaps somebody here knows, it's like a pulsing Xenia but its not, (thank god) I got rid of that issue a while ago and haven't had it since it did worry me seeing this guy till I looked closer and saw it wasn't Xenia.

ho02ody

8e24d68f.jpg

My GSP on the loc lines, this will look so good once it grows all around the outlet
59ec5eeb.jpg

My larger monti's hopefully they will merge and become purple that would be sweet, these I've had for a week only and are testers to get started with

ho02ody

And finally a FTS of my tank in progress, I've had it running since 29/10/2011 and have been concentrating mainly on all the hardware and now that's all pretty much complete it's time to start concentrating on the inhabitants. Thanks for reading this far and expect many more pics and mods as I'm definitely in the category of tinkerer you may well have realised that already lol
Regards
Dan
98404891.jpg

tnwillia

Great pictures Dan, Love to hate Megatron he's big! The Blue Knuckles I had got REAL big but never hurt anything, they were just bulldozers in the tank, they ended up in the Big shells from my Fighting Conch. Have fun with the tank!

ho02ody

Matt,Tom,Glenn,Steve thank you for you support and thanks for you help along the way all you guys have been a great help and many others included, I've got most if not all my ideas from reef sanctuary staff and members you've all taught me a lot and I bet you didnt even realise :) thanks again guys

ho02ody

Haha yea Tom megaton is huge, and he makes me laugh you can see in the pic I fed sinking crab pellets to intice everyone put for pics and he did his usuall of grabbing one stick in each claw and one in his mouth lol,
Also come to think of it I did have 2 fighting conches which I haven't seen for a while!! Although they were nowhere near the size of my blue knuckled bruisers! Fighting conche now there's an over exaggerated name haha sleeping conches, lazy conches, do bugger all conches now these are more fitting names for these guys lol

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Wow Dan - Super Mate - well done !!! Thanks for sharing the great mods !

If you were my neighbor, I would have you over for a go at helping me do some of these mods :dance:

Sy101

Nice tank mate and well done on the modding, I guess the 1 plug concept was lost on you lol although to be fair mines similar.
I see your only 30 mins from me in Norwich. Are there any good fish stores your direction mine all seem to closing down

ho02ody

Thanks Glenn I wish I did have a reefing neighbour to look after my tank while I go on holiday! I'm too scared to go already and it's barely stocked!
Sy,
Thank you for your interest, I used to live in Norwich but didn't have a tank then, now I'm in Suffolk there's swallow aquatics which isn't great and incredibly expensive or rats cats and elephants which is ok usually something interesting in there tanks, or Amwell aquatics in soham Cambridge, this is where I got my tank and they have a marine biologist on hand and great choice of fish and corals, but my new favourite is one in Watton, I'm not sure of the name because a fellow reefer took me there. Unfortunately the owner wasn't there as it was a Sunday but she is meant to be very helpful and know her stuff, but from wht I saw it was a great shop have you tried any of these places??

Last edited by a moderator:

ho02ody

Ok so the next installment.
Today after a lot of faffing about by a retarded delivery guy I received my latest bit of tech for my tank,
A single Aquaray 600 in marine blue, it has 3 blue LEDs and 2 white ones.
54bae9cc.jpg

Here is how it came with the brackets which I then cut down to look a lot neater.
c2d8dfd6.jpg

1430049d.jpg

Here I have cut the bracket to size then drilled the mounting hole slightly bigger to allow for the original rsm hood lense screws to pass through it
e7048571.jpg

03fbf03b.jpg

Here it is in its place now the other side and on with the led unit.
24642354.jpg

Looks great and a tidy install, nice and sturdy does block a small amount of one of the t5 lamps but I don't see it as a real issue.
4016a7a8.jpg

Now time to power it up and program it in my profilux
56daee69.jpg

Here is my led 1 interface I got from a british reefer on the sales section of ultimate reef, unfortunately most of the equipment on RS is in the states so no help to me so I had to defect to the dark side to get this haha.
b9876506.jpg

Here is the back of my profilux, getting pretty damn full behind there!! Still need to install more simu spots and a L port expansion and splitter, 1more level controller and my Vortech controller whenever that decides to show up!
e36450c9.jpg

Just testing if the light is working in the lighting scenario section
6d9798d0.jpg

My god it does!!!L
73965db0.jpg

And here's my lighting overview, the new led isn't going to be on for long and it will have a dimming process of 2 hours then stay on 100% for I think 4 hours then dim down again.
Hope this helps anybody thinking of doing this out in some way

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Looks good. I'm still giggling about the "retarded " comment. Typically only my thread where ya see that.

......something smells fishy.

ho02ody

And this should make you laugh, it did me well it did eventually I was pretty pi$$ed off to start with!
I got my profilux hooked up to my router via a cable, Big Al did explain how to get it wireless but it was hard work and my house is so easy to work with I decided to put a Ethernet ca
E from profilux to my router hidden in walls. Got it all working fantastic it's all wireless but then.........
362078a5.jpg

I have a net book thinking as I had an iPad/phone I wouldn't need a big laptop so the NetBoot was perfect,
Well....
Turns out the profilux program cannot be re-sized to fit my netbook so it's full screen or not at all, well my screen is tiny and it cuts the bottom 15% of the program off which has the all important save and load button on it!!! I tried everything I could with the resolution but nothing worked! Even changed from landscape to portrait or vica versa which did work but have you ever tried using a mousepad with laptop on its side hahahah it grew old FAST!
Anyway after a lot of thinking I remembered I had an old desktop in my garage and my netbook has a screen out terminal, perfect so I hunted it down and hey presto it worked.
So I managed to get my profilux on the network to save a cable being connected every time I used the program (every day)
But managed to gain an extra monitor on my window sill!!
And until I get a new laptop this is how I have to play with the settings lol

ho02ody

And here is a mod I forgot to add before,
In cabinet led lights that come on when you open the doors
6bebc359.jpg

Being a sparky is handy sometimes for this sort of stuff, the LEDs are only 12v so the cable on show is of no danger and it's hidden in the top,
That's the little door contact I have one each side,
dcd4e535.jpg

fe5090a0.jpg

And here are the light strips, only cheapies from IKEA then I soldered wire to them, wired the transformer to the door switches and jobs a gooden, cost about £15 all in and really is helpful. WoulD get annoying fast without them the amount of time I'm in those damn cupboards poking about or reworking the profilux!

ho02ody

Looks good. I'm still giggling about the "retarded " comment. Typically only my thread where ya see that.
Haha cheers Matt,
I have to deal with delivery drivers a lot at work and they are pretty clued up guys for the most part but this guy was in a league of his own! He drove away and came back 3times to work out how my garage opens!
But good on him for bouncing back from being beaten because if he hadn't come back I wouldn't have my light until the weekend and I'd have to drive miles to pick it up
God bless you delivery driver from hell......:doh:

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
How long have u had the profilux? How has your experience been? Are u using a wireless bridge for access?

ho02ody

How long have u had the profilux? How has your experience been? Are u using a wireless bridge for access?

I ordered it 2 weeks before Christmas, it took 6weeks to get to me so beginning of feb by which time I had lost interest so it sat on my shelf for a while then set it up about 3 weeks ago, my experience has been great. I think this bit of kit is worth every penny and it can do so much and ghl are working on new things all the time which is just great, I haven't had to touch the logic programming everything I have installed is pre-set so easy peasy to install and set up.
I had a cheap wireless bridge ready to install after reading Big ALS thread on how to do it, but decided to just go down the wired route as it was so easy for me to get cable from point A to point B hidden in walls. And I'm not computer literate so Big ALS thread looked hard to do to me.
Have you got one or are you planning on getting one Matt??