Dancing shrimp

soily

Hi all

I recently added two dancing shrimp to my 130, Since then the heads of my duncan have been disappearing, does anyone think the shrimp are responsible or should i look for something else.

Everything else is doing well although my leather mushroom is sulking at the moment which is not unusual as it does that before it splits off a new animal.

Monkeyboy

If they are the only new thing added to the tank and it's only just started happening then that's where I would look.

soily

Yeah thats what i feared, the only other thing is swapping to seachem carbon but i cant see that being a problem.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
+1 ^ The Camel Shrimp is also known as the Hinge-beak Shrimp, Dancing Shrimp, or Candy Shrimp.

Have read a lot of post saying Camels ate thier corals - some lfs sell camel shrimp mistakenly as peppermint shrimp

soily

Yep those are the fellows, and yes the lfs sold them under a different name ie peppermint. I looked on google and thought the looked like dancing shrimp.
Grrrrrrr i don't need this hassle why can't i trust the fish store oh sorry i forgot, i got what they want .......money.

soily

To be fair Terry i should have done more research but as everyone has probably done at sometime or other you expect lfs to be honest.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
To be fair Terry i should have done more research but as everyone has probably done at sometime or other you expect lfs to be honest.

I agree on the LFS. I'm not sure it's aways an honesty issue - many LFS employees just don't know much about the things they offer.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
These may help (from Saltwaterfish.com):

Camelbacks have a humped back (like a camel) and a long snout. The distinct white lines on the body are also a good clue.

Peppermint2.jpg

CaPeppermint.jpg

Peppermint3.jpg