Damn you vortech! (no blame on the pump)

Bathtub

After a few month of FINALLY getting my clowns to feel nice and at home in my frogspawn coral- came home tonight to find the frogspawn hanging out of my vortech...
No blame on vortech- best kit in tank, (and think coral was fine- just finding ideal location and slipped) just wanted to vent my frustration on an understanding crowd.....
Dammit

jpsika08

Sorry to hear about your problem, and yes, we totally understand your frustration. Hope you can find an ideal place for the Frogspawn.

RSM250PEARL

Sorry to hear about the frogspawn. I've read about people using plastic mesh to cover over the Vortechs to stop snails, shrimps and fish getting sucked in. I think it's similar stuff to gutter guard. I've been meaning to get some to do this as a precaution as I had a shrimp get sucked in some time ago.

Bathtub

new frogspawn will be in new tank where there will be quieter places (and 2x 250w HID;s and 8x t5's- gotta love geissman)...
then on to the RSM seahorse project .....

Mischko

Hey Bathtub, don't get it wrong, but be lucky it was 'just' the frogspawn! Seems one of my Vortechs shredded the Varians I had (feeding on flatworms) and by this released all the toxine into the tank killing 'bout half of my corals!

Bathtub

Damn thats bad luck!
To be on the safe side I swapped my activated carbon straight out for a fresh batch... just in case (can't do any harm right!)