Crowther's E-260

Crowther

90555cbc3b87dc29b68944c5f74058d1.jpg
3c4bd4ad594a14bd0b4b23ef57c1dd46.jpg
e1575644da88ad8c6ab7debb38465ff1.jpg

Some progress.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Crowther

The conch has picked up its pace today. Grinding up everything in sight.

Crowther

9b2881e0a1e6e490f449af3a5e0c8b8a.jpg

Does this coral look happy? It seems like only a couple of the heads open up each day. It was like that at the store too. I liked the bulbous look, but now I'm wondering if it's just irritated or something.

mr_tap_water

It looks ok just closed up and usually close up when the lights are low or off you could try replacing it where it's a bit brighter and take it from there.[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crowther

It looks ok just closed up and usually close up when the lights are low or off you could try replacing it where it's a bit brighter and take it from there.[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. I just moved it up to the top of the rock. Hopefully, it will like it better up there.

Crowther

Time gets away from you. Here is the current condition of things. If anyone can ID the red tubular growths that are appearing on the rock, I'd be most interested. I suspect that they are some kind of worm or sponge.
c91e0f7b838fa221489f71381225b38b.jpg
266e0568e6b18cfe345e08add82ad523.jpg
c5ca9128666997b05af1f3b8fbc365a7.jpg
4575334637919300880acc2c9427d585.jpg
1c63350aa5af738ab4a0a4d1e9fb7f12.jpg

SPR

I'm not sure what the Red things are, but it looks like you have got hair algea forming, and you want to take back control of that before it takes over as it can grow very quickly.

What are your water parameters, in particular Nitrate and Phosphate?

Crowther

I'm not sure what the Red things are, but it looks like you have got hair algea forming, and you want to take back control of that before it takes over as it can grow very quickly.

What are your water parameters, in particular Nitrate and Phosphate?
Thanks for your response SPR. My nitrates and phosphates are reading zero. I have a biopellet reactor and am dosing NOPOX daily. These are some stubborn remnants of a prior outbreak. For some reason, none of my CUC will touch the super long strands. I guess manual plucking is in my future.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
maybe vermetid snail - have spider web looking webs?
They cast out mucus nets from the ends of their open tube shells. The mucus acts like a sticky trawling net trapping plankton and detritus that passes by.

Crowther

maybe vermetid snail - have spider web looking webs?
They cast out mucus nets from the ends of their open tube shells. The mucus acts like a sticky trawling net trapping plankton and detritus that passes by.
I haven't seen anything coming out of the red growths, but it seems something probably does? Interestingly, my xenia has been sending out a long strand that it reels back in periodically. I looked more closely at it yesterday and it appears that there is some sort of brownish organism in one of the stems sending it out. Is that normal for xenia or is it some kind of hitchhiker or parasite?

Crowther

I haven't seen anything coming out of the red growths, but it seems something probably does? Interestingly, my xenia has been sending out a long strand that it reels back in periodically. I looked more closely at it yesterday and it appears that there is some sort of brownish organism in one of the stems sending it out. Is that normal for xenia or is it some kind of hitchhiker or parasite?
Never mind. Something (pencil urchin?) just ate two of my three xenia stalks including the one that housed the brownish organism.

Crowther

What's wrong with my candy cane? Nitrates got a little high while I was out of town. Do I need to cut off the diseased-looking ends?
3b5786bf98e0a5535752be2170c5e51d.jpg