CPR CS50 Overflow Box in RSM 130

evyatar

Hi

Does anyone know if and how this overflow box (CPR CS50) can fit in a Red Sea Max 130 ? I've been looking all over with google without success.

Thanks

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hi evyatar -
welcome-rainbow-rotate-ag1.gif
to Reef Sanctuary and the RSM Club!

I had looked at the CPR overflows and was doubtful that the inner box would fit the RSM 130, so I got the Lifereef overflow that was designed specifically for the RSM. I'd also heard that the CPRs had been known to fail once in a while, even with the Aqualifter pump, to restart the siphon after a power outage (flood time!). The Lifereef seems to have a spotless reputation for restarting after a power outage, or after turning the returm pump off and on, and doesn't require any additional pump to get it going. I'm very happy with mine and I think it's what most (if not all) of us 130 owners use that run a sump and/or refugium.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
evyatar
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary and the RSM Owners Forum, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

evyatar

Hi evyatar -
welcome-rainbow-rotate-ag1.gif
to Reef Sanctuary and the RSM Club!

I had looked at the CPR overflows and was doubtful that the inner box would fit the RSM 130, so I got the Lifereef overflow that was designed specifically for the RSM. I'd also heard that the CPRs had been known to fail once in a while, even with the Aqualifter pump, to restart the siphon after a power outage (flood time!). The Lifereef seems to have a spotless reputation for restarting after a power outage, or after turning the returm pump off and on, and doesn't require any additional pump to get it going. I'm very happy with mine and I think it's what most (if not all) of us 130 owners use that run a sump and/or refugium.

Can u recommend on an online store that has in stock Lifereef overflow?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
You can only get them from LifeReef, as they are the only ones that make these:

Lifereef Filter Systems

Go to the product listing, then find Prefilter Siphon Boxes and Accessories , and go there - scroll down to find the RSM prefilter (siphon box) information.

With any of these siphon types you'll need to remove, or make a cutout in the skimmer flap, or Lifereef sells the RSM skimmer flaps with the cutout for the U-tube already done.