Courtney's Red Sea Reefer 350

Courtney

Thanks for the reply discol I was also looking at the getting a doser to make it even easier but was looking at different company's that make balling sets and found the Fauna Marin Balling Light Set which comes with everything to get you started. So think I will give it a go. My purple tang made a full recovery and is doing great now which I'm so happy now.

Courtney

Well picked up another Favia and Duncan coral which look nice so slowly filling my tank up but might have to have a rescape soon to fit everything in properly haha [emoji16]

65e75818c103437228c5dd1ea41aed0f.jpg

febb86fa18a8cc02df90115c09be2d67.jpg

Pancho75

Yeah! the Duncan are one of my favorite corals!

Happy to read your Purple Tang recovered.

After reading your experience I am buying one Medic treatment to be ready if ich decides to show up one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Courtney

Yeah so happy he recovered and polyp lab medic has worked twice for me and with no ill effects on my corals and inverts so defiantly trust it and would buy it again although hope I don't have to haha

In my Red Sea Nano it looks like my Clowns have caught something now as I lost my small hawk fish and royal grammar to a parasite but the sulphur goby is fine. It would appear the Clowns have a weird white film over them which looks like velvet which sucks as they finally paired up properly so have treated with anti bacterial and now dosing parazoyrne to try and help them. There still eating which is good and I'm adding vitamins to there food to also help so will keep you updated with there progress.

Wanted to know if there is a good internal uv that I could put in the tank to also help them as I can't run a standard one as I don't have a sump or loads of space in the rear sump of the tank so only option is to put one in the display tank so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Courtney

Well sadly since my last post my Picasso Clowns passed away which sucked as they finally paired up together. So just left with my sulphur goby clean up crew and tiger shrimp so will wait to see how it goes in a couple of weeks before adding fish to the max nano. Did add a new set of ricordia mushrooms which are a awesome orange.

Onto the Reefer 350 finally got my Kamoer X4 doser and the Fauna Marin Balling Light set so will be setting that up soon will keep you guys up to date with this that goes and got some of there vitamins as well.

5bd16a2d65bf62d232cd66df2892cd5c.jpg

9fb0cfd9d7f9fef8026b06dc9c211e18.jpg

9d3e9a114d755f996c0db48cdc29bec2.jpg

d06cb1376fc1d4a47d75029f919e0bd7.jpg

Nobbygas

I love Orange Florida Ricordia. I bought a small piece for 50 euro when I had my first 60l Nano. It is still growing in the S-650, and if I take the original cost of 50 euro for a single piece I reckon I must have over 500 euros worth in the tank now. It has survived all my mistakes and cock-up's.
I have found it grows best if not exposed to too much light. It prefers to be near the bottom, and shaded, rather than near the top and exposed to the harsher light. It will still grow if near the top, but it just seems to do better if shaded a little.

Courtney

Yeah I love the colour of them and there was 3 of the on the rock when I got the them but now they have just let go to find better spots so I'm just letting them get on with it haha and if they split eventually and I get loads of them I will move some to the Reefer 350.

saintsreturn

I need to see if i can find some of those local! They look sharp. I want to phase out the mushrooms i have now and move onto something with more color like those.

Ignore the sick fish, I am taking photos to track her progress. But these are the mushrooms I have had for about 8 years now.
e903424f3056b28a9ea5c9ccad50428f.jpg

Courtney

Yeah there an awesome colour which is cool but I know what you mean with the same colour mushroom as I have these green ones everywhere in my main tank for around the same time as you if not longer but love them but would like a different colour haha

dc38ac79696ca0c1e9bae622c8cd46bc.jpg

What fish is that? And what's up with her?

saintsreturn

Love the green! I have blue and orange as the majority. I have just introduced two green mushrooms and two purple, hoping to get some diversity going.

Thats a Sailfin Tang. She got HLLE and is finally on the right track...

Nobbygas

Ricordia is a cool coral . I am currently 'growing' a Ricordia Garden and I have Orange, Green and Blue at the moment. It's what I call a Nuclear Coral in that it seems to survive and grow despite any cock-up's I've made! It is not as invasive as the Mushrooms, and when the lights start to go down at the end of the day the colours really do 'pop'.

Courtney

I use these vitamins to keep my fish healthy and I make sure I soak my purple tangs nori in it as well. And I want to get loads of different coloured mushrooms as well as they look really cool.

f14e1fb709b49e71bc8022c2b276f128.jpg

saintsreturn

I'll save that picture for future reference. I bought a series of stuff from an awesome LFS here and it's the same stuff they feed with. Thank you for the info

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Nobbygas

Courtney - Make sure your Doser is easy to get to, and easy to take out, as it will probably need re-calibrating every six months or so.

Courtney

Yeah it is easy to get to as there won't be anything else in that side of the cabinet to get the way and it just unhooks from the wall mount so all should be all good. Going to set it up next week on my days off once I have had a chance to read the instructions for the doser and the balling set.