Coral of the Week- Ricordia

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Here's my Yuma feeding on some shrimp :)

170_7066.jpg

170_7072.jpg

170_7068.jpg

170_7074.jpg

Techno-Vicki

I LOVE ricordias. This first pic is of my Florida ric rock. I have had it about a year now.
1ric_rock_lg.jpg

This one can give you an idea of just how large this ric is - about 3 1/2 inches. I really like the black cap as well.
ric-with-bk-cap.jpg

This last one is of the orange rics I am trying to grow out and propagate. Sorry about the poor picture quality.
orange-ric.jpg

I find that they do better in stronger light - both the Floridas and the Yumas; however, the greens will melt in the strong lighting (I have melted a couple of them recently and in the past).

Techno-Vicki

Awesome!!! I want at least one:whstlr: Tell me how you are fragging your Yumas. I have not had the guts to yet. Floridas are easy.

Cassette87

honestly, i've never fragged a yuma yet... so this may be a bit scary! How do you frag your florida's, pie slices?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I haven't gotten the nerve up to cut up a ric or a mushroom yet. I keep saying I'm going to buy one JUST for the purpose alone but everytime I go to buy something like that I find one that I MUST HAVE and can't bring myself to start cutting it. I think the next time I see one that's a duplicate to what I already have I'll get it and try this out. I just gotta keep telling myself "It will work!!"

Allen :)

jrf1175

I love these Coral of the Week Threads when I catch them!

I have a single Ric Yuma polyp but I can't seem to get it to attach anywhere? The only place it seems happy is 3/4 hiding in a hole in one of my rocks...but I would love it to be out in the open. Is there anyway to get them to attach where you want them?

Here is a photo before it drifted away and I had to put it in its current location.

DSC00980c.JPG

flricordia

All I can say is you guys have some really nice ricordias. I can look at pics of them all day. Theya re my favorite corals. Don't stop here, post more please.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'm with you on that one Mike! post more pics! I had to cover my keyboard with a DROOL mat already so post em all!

Mike don't you have some pics of yours?

caitrina

My little corner of Rics...the orange one is really orange and huge, they are in the process of waking up

my_rics_006.jpg

flricordia

I'm with you on that one Mike! post more pics! I had to cover my keyboard with a DROOL mat already so post em all!

Mike don't you have some pics of yours?
yea, but my tank is so loaded right now it is difficult to get a good pic. After I get into the larger tank I will post pics. I am planning on doing a tank build thread though.