Cat's JBJ Nano Cube HQI

catran

Thanks Willie! My crappy little JBJ skimmer actually works great as long as I change the wood air stone every 2-3 months. And, I only use Nutri-Seawater to do w/c's. I wish I could afford to w/c's with that stuff in all my tanks, my corals love it!

I love reefers...

catran

Nah, I have a Stevie T media basket in there and there's barely room for the skimmer. It's pretty thin. It works pretty good for the type anyway. Actually, the only reason I call it crappy is because it wobbly. As long as it skims...

I love reefers...

soco

Hey cat hows things going. Havent seen any activity on your other tanks in a while hope things are going well

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Cat. U wanna share what's happening?

..........reefing. not for the faint of heart.

Funlad3

We chatted earlier. Not only did her Chiller crap out, her heater got stuck on. She's lost some euphyllias, some acans, and possibly some Nems. So Chaos....

As I said earlier Cat, good luck!

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
I talked to her too, she's having a rough time right now with a bad heater. Lost a ton of good stuff. Wish happy thoughts for her.

soco

Dang cat thats tough break sorry to hear that. Heaters are the systematic downfall of us all

Last edited:

lethal

Man that's not good, I hope you can get things back on track Cat. We all miss ya!

Doogle

Yikes! Maybe I should disconnect my heaters and keep my house at 75* year round.
I was gonna say that's the biggest little frag rack I've ever seen!lol
Hope you pull through without many losses !
Sorry Cat

catran

Geez, I've been in water change hell. As soon as things started looking good, something else started dying and I had to do more water changes. My back is killing me. Yes, I lost a lot, 2 different frogspawn, 2 different hammer, acans, acos, and worse, 6 BTA's, 2 of them were small ones. Just today, my zoas looked like they might open up again.
It all began when I cleaned my 34g really good. Since it was cool, I didn't hook the chiller back up. Got home snd the tank was 90 degrees. At first, I thought I had messed up the heater setting, but it was set at 75 still. I put frozen water bottles in ASAP and started my chiller. It looked on, but no water would go into the line. I thought it was my pump, so I put a MJ1200 on. No luck!
I moved everything to the 65 and that's when it all continued to die. The 34 is fine now, but since it has no corals in it, it should be!

Sent from my iPhone 5!
I love reefers....

Blue Space

Oh no! Sry about the tribulations Cat. Hope to see things turn around for you and hopefully everything will pull through. 90 degrees... holy cow!

engineer goby

Oh no Cat that sucks, I hope your able to save some of them. If I lived in the area I would offer my help.

catran

Thanks guys! All I can do now is wait and hope for the best.
I have some favorites I don't want to lose, a Nuclear Grape Jason Fox Favia and a small single head of Orange Blasto... I think my zoas will be okay.

Sent from my iPhone 5!
I love reefers....