Carl's 300g reef build

carlfike

So I've been battling green hair, turf, and red cyano for like a month. It started popping up when I was housing my friend trigger. I think the extra mess started it. I've gotten rid of the trigger but the algae has taken too much of a hold. I only feed 2 cubes mysis every other day and half a sheet of seaweed daily. ( 3 tangs, 2 clowns, a damsel, 4 chromies, Allen's damsel, royal gamma, lawnmower blenny, bi colored blenny) I don't think that too much is it? I use 0 tds Rodi for 10% weekly water changes and have an 8 hour photo period. I put in an order today with reef cleaners. I call it my super algae destroyer pack.
The hermits are just to supplement my current stock. Everything on here is supposedly amazing at eating those 3 particular types of algae. I'll take some before and after pics.

1Fuzzy Chiton
20Blue Leg Hermit Crab
5Emerald/Ruby Mithrax Crab
1West Indian Sea Egg
4Turbograzer Snail

carlfike

Still battling that stuff in my refugium.

This is in my display. It's driving me mad. I thought I might have water issues but some research said that once it gets established its there. You can't just hope it goes away with good water. I'm hoping these addition will help along with manual removal.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

carlfike

Kinda of a bad pic but the little thing on that piece of shell is a fuzzy chiton! Pretty freaking cool. Things Have been around since the dinosaurs!

gybajumy.jpg

http://www.reefcleaners.org/index.p...&product_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=34

carlfike

Stopped by petco today to check out the $1/gal sale. Saw an awesome looking mini carpet anemone. Needless to say I grabbed him. Came home acclimated him and set him in the tank. I walked away to find my camera and that little sucker is gone. No where to be found. Lol I hope he pops back up. He was awesome looking.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Colors good. Polyps out. N hey was that a big leather I caught out of the corner of my eye?

..........rarely am I speechless

carlfike

AHHHH so I lost my mind a bit this morning. I was looking at my tank and ALL the freaking green algae..I set my pumps on nutrient export mode and started going crazy tearing that junk out. I spent about an hour and didnt even get it all. This stuff is driving me mad. I have spent hours and hours researching and I have done everything to get this stuff to stop growing. Nothing has worked. Hasnt even slowed it down. My water is great, i run phoslock and carbon, I do regular water changes. I cut back the light and feeding. This stuff just keeps growing. I'm half tempted to tear the tank down and throw everything in the oven... lol. Anyways /end rant.