Carl's 300g reef build

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
The sps frag looks pretty good. Keep your water clean with lotsa light and plenty of flow and you should be golden.

carlfike

These new pumps have been.messing with my sand lol. Even.on lower levels. You can see the build up on both sides. Should I just let it be or move it back?
unajugen.jpg

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
Maybe try the pumps a little higher in the tank? If you move the sand back it's just going to blow back to the ends.

carlfike

Thought about that. If I move them higher they suck a vortex and blow micro bubbles. I'll prolly just leave it. Kinda looks cool atleast.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Id leave em alone. N that dual toadstool is gonna b huge. Consider cutting em apart for the bookend look or sell one. These things get 18" across a piece.

..........rarely am I speechless

carlfike

Id leave em alone. N that dual toadstool is gonna b huge. Consider cutting em apart for the bookend look or sell one. These things get 18" across a piece.

It's actually 3 heads. I have no idea how to cut it. I've only ever fragged zoas lol.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Or wilder yet. Just cut two of them half way down the stalk move to placid water. They will continue to grow. Leathers r mighty resilient

carlfike

So this morning I freaked out. My long tentacle plate coral shriveled out and started ejecting this nasty black stuff. Having never seem this before I freaked a little. After a couple mins on Google I learned coral do in fact poop. Learn something new everyday.

carlfike

So i did some light reading this morning.

I'd like some input from you guys. This is with BLue LEDS at 50% and white at about 60%.

light.jpg

Bottom Readings
bottom.png

Middle readings
middle.png

Choff

Great diy Site thanks. Can't help you on the light readings, but how do you like the seneye? Not sure what I think about the 10/Mo fee to use it over the long haul, but otherwise looks like a great tool.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

carlfike

Great diy Site thanks. Can't help you on the light readings, but how do you like the seneye? Not sure what I think about the 10/Mo fee to use it over the long haul, but otherwise looks like a great tool.

Sent using Tapatalk 2
I was a little skeptical of it too in the beginning. Now I couldn't live without it. The light meter alone is worth the money and to have alerts texted and emailed to me when the ph or temp goes out is awesome. They are working on upgrading it to measure calcium and nitrates too. Def worth the money imo.