Can you ID these clowns?

reefer3

I just bought these. They are black with white stripes and orange faces. They were sold to me as maroons but they look like black ones to me. Heres one pic and if needewd I'll get more when there done being acclimated.
Picture164.jpg
[/IMG]

aquaman3680

Those are black and white juv. clowns. As they get older they will become all black and white. They are osc. also! If you got them for the price of maroons you got a great deal! They usually run $35-45 a piece!

Matt

Matt

reefer3

Yea I got them for 16.99 each. I told the guy at petco that I wanted the black percs and he look on the tank and it only had the price for maroons and told me they were maroons. So I bought them for 16.99 and thought maybe maroons are sometime black and change color even though I've never heard of it. I'm excited now I thought they were black. I guess I got a killer deal. Thanks.

reefer3

Thanks. Here are two more pics. They didnt like getting close to the tank and wouldnt stay still. Here is also a video.
Picture166.jpg
[/IMG]
Picture165.jpg
[/IMG]

salty3_reef
[/URL][/IMG]

reefer3

They must have been in there tank for nearly a week because they told me they get there shipments in on tuesday. I'm just supprised no one bought them up, either that or they sold alot.

kyrie_eleison

Has been struck by the ban stick
Petco...hahahaha. That's pretty typical of that place. Beautiful selections and not a single intelligent person in the entire store.

reefer3

I know when they first opened they had a few good workers but there not there anymore and everyone knows nothing. I ask questions as tests sometimes and they know nothing. The last time I was there, there was a LTA and asked what it was she told me it was a condy.LOL

corrado007

Nice buy reefer3. I can't believe how uneducated many employees in those chain pet stores are. The only chance a fish has of living through a stay in one of those stores is if they're sold. Glad you got a great deal your new ocellaris and saved them. They look great, congrats!

Nanoreefbro

You scored big time.. I bought my Black and White Osc from Petco over a year ago and they are normally $39.99 there.. Those Petco employees are something else..

rebekwl

Oh yeah! Petco is a piece of work! I have a strict "NO LIVESTOCK FROM PETCO" policy. That is where we went when we first set up our tank. they told us it would completely cyle in a week, 15 lbs of LR was enough for a 55 gal tank and then sold us a Racoon butterfly fish with an anemone (racoon butterflies are not reef safe and love to munch on anemones). There are also never any employees in sight, and once we finally find one, they have no clue what they are talking about!! We do not shop there unless we absolutely have to. Great score on the clowns though!!!

reefer3

Thanks. Yea there never around. I usually fill my own water there when I go there for water, then I get about 50 people asking me for help. That time before last I almost grab the tickets net and got the fish for people. LOL It is horrable. I do go there from time to time and I have bought all my clowns form them and have never got a sick one. I guess I'm just lucky.

Bobbi

I got my b/w ocellaris from Petco about a year ago and they have been doing fine. The Petco here has really cleaned up their act and have some pretty decent people and fish. (Their fish used to have ick a lot). I guess it depends on where they are. They also had some pretty nice looking brown saddle backs in a month ago and it's the only store in town that carries neon gobies. You just have to be careful.