Can Upload Images for Signature No

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I think it's a Global setting on the Server side of things. The ADMIN probably turned it off from the beginning.

artpics

i think it is a per user setting set via the admin some members have the img signature from the tank stats showing

steved13

PREMIUM
I PM'd Travis to ask for permission for the Sig Gen.

Someone said I needed Premium member status, but I already was a premium member, so I'm not sure if that's truly a requirement or not.

tnwillia

Unless something changed this year, Glenn your right, Premium Membership to get the additional bandwidth. Artpics you need to PM Travis after you pay the membership and he has settings he has to change to allow the banners. Have Fun!

steved13

PREMIUM
Steve ask Tom... I vaguely remember post between him and Travis... related

Glenn, I have the sig gen in my sig? I wasn't asking, I was advising the OP on what to do, and saying what I did?

If you look in my Signature you'll see my tank stats?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Cool Steve ! I was not exactly sure how it worked... Do you know can any member do this? Is it just adding the correct code/syntax?

tnwillia

I'm guessing Steve and Juan have the same type banner I have they just chose the white backround where I used a picture. Steve used a picture for a while. Again when I did it you had to go Premimum membership, not anyone could do it.

Now that said, Anyone can add the descriptive live many use describing their tank/livestock.

If needed I can post the Syntax for the Sig Generator lines

steved13

PREMIUM
Correct Tom, I kept having trouble getting the pic size and the stats size to agree. Juan ran with no photo, and I liked it, so I went that way.

steved13

PREMIUM
I think Reef Chat is the only place to build the Signature Generator. It's the only place I've ever seen anyone use.

The new sponsor Reef Led Lighting has a nice video on how it's done.

tnwillia

Thanks Steve, the white looks great and your right the text always blocks out the picture.

Going Premimum also gets you the larger Avatar picture if you want it. I use 175x175 for Avatar and 380x120 for my Sig Gen Banner. If you want to use pictures with Sig Gen you have to save them as .PNG picture format. Have fun!

artpics

Thanks everyone here is my stats.
i guess i will just post the image in my posts.

sig.php

tnwillia

Here are the steps if you need them......

Have your pictures on your C Drive. Pick you picture, resize it to the size you have your ReefChat background set for (I use 380 x 120) and then save it as a .PNG format instead of a .JPG.

Go to Edit on your ReefChat Geg Gen scroll down to Background Image, hit Browse.. Go to the location on your C drive where your .PNG picture is and select it.

It will become your Sig Gen Background. Now save it at the bottom of your Sig Gen. As stated it can take several minutes to see the file make the changes.

If you ever want to change pictures, you first have to delete your existing picture in the Sig Gen edit, your background should go back to blue, then you can change pictures.

Hope this makes since if it’s what you need. Good luck!